1 Day Japan Heritage Tour in Kiryu from Asakusa
IntroductionKiryu is known for its silk industry in old histories. Women lead their family by providing income to the house in Kiryu. They made their living by sericulturing, reeling and texturing.
Walking in to the fabric factory and seeing their work in the town, you can imagine the past life.
You will meet your guide at Shinkiryu Station and first take a taxi to the traditional Japanese restaurant or French restaurant. After having lunch, the local guide will show you around the town and stop by the fabric factory where you can try cultural experiences such as texturing or dying. After the walking tour, visit “Hotokuji Temple” and try zen meditation and discover yourself in the quiet temple. *Zen meditation may be unavailable in the high seasons because the temple is also known for its beautiful view.
The temple allow visitors to gong the temple's buddhist bell. This is a very rare experience that you can only do it here.
The tour concludes at Shinkiryu Station.
- Easy access from Asakusa, Tokyo
- Friendly and informative local English speaking guide
- Traditional Japanese cuisine or French cuisine for lunch
- Zen meditation in the Houtokuji Temple
＊Zen meditation may not be available in the high seasons.
Price per person:
Group of 2 persons: 26,900yen
Group of 3 persons: 22,900yen
Group of 4 persons: 22,900yen
Group of 5 persons: 21,300yen
Group of 6 persons: 20,700yen
For more information please see below:
Tour StyleThis tour is a private tour
Group SizeMin. 2 persons
Max. 6 persons
Meeting pointShinkiryu Station
*Round trip train tickets from Asakusa Station to Shinkiryu Station will be sent to your hotel in Tokyo.
Operating DayEvery day except for Monday
Tour Itinerary*Make your own way to Tobu Asakusa Station
9:40AM Departure at Tobu Asakusa Station
11:25AM Arrival at Shin-Kiryu Station
*Meet your guide at Shin-Kiryu Station
11:40AM-12:40PM Kaiseiki Lunch
1:00PM- 2:00PM Fabric factory tour and dying experience
2:00PM- 3:30PM Town walking in Kiryu historical street
4:00PM- 5:00PM Zen meditation in Hotokuji Temple
5:10PM Departure at Shinkiryu Station
6:55PM Arrival at Tobu Asakusa Station
What's Included- English-speaking guided walking tour in Kiryu
- Express round trip train ticket from Asakusa to Shinkiryu
- Zen meditation experience in Hotokuji Temple
*Zen meditation may be unavailable in the high seasons
- Admission fees
What's not Included- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Additional info- Your express train tickets and information pack will be sent to your hotel in Tokyo
- Price for adult will applicable for children over 5 years old
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 8 days: 20% of the program charge
- Between 7 days and 2 days: 30% of the program charge
- The day before the date of travel: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.