3D2N Fukushima Path of Samurai Warrior
IntroductionFor this 3 Days and 2 Nights trip you will be able to explore the northern part of Japan, the Fukushima area. Known for the terrible disaster that struck back in 2011, it is still in the process of restoration. However the Fukushima area is also known for the many great histories pertaining to the samurai warriors. With this tour you will be able to learn the deep history and also take part in many of the activities to make you feel like a samurai warrior. If you are interested in samurai's or just wanting to get away from the busy city, we recommend this tour for you.
You will be departing from a train in Asakusa and begin your path of the samurai.
On this day you will be visiting the Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura, a cultural theme park that resurrected and showcases the life and culture of the Edo period of Japan (samurai era).
Afterwards you will make your way to the famous Nikko Toshogu, register on the Shrines and Temples of Nikkō UNESCO World Heritage Site, this shrine is dedicated to Tokugawa Ieyasu, the founder of the Tokugawa Shogunate.
A car will then pick you up from Nikko Toshogu and take you to Shirakawa where you will be staying for 2 nights.
For your hotel you can choose either from a Japanese style Ryokan or a standard business hotel.
For this day you will be exploring the area by a bicycle.
First you will be exploring the Shirakawa Kominejo Castle. This castle is one of the 100 Fine Castles of Japan, and in 2007 was designated a National Historic Site. You will be able to partake in a samurai armor experience and take picture in front of the castle.
After exploring the castle, try Iaido - martial arts of the Japanese sword. The master Takeda Hougyoku, who teaches the Mugairyu technique will be showing you the way of the sword.
After all the moving make your way to Suirakuen, a traditional Japanese garden. Walk around the beautiful garden, there are also teahouses if you wish to enjoy green tea.
For this day you will make your way north to the Nihonmatsu station. Here you will rent an electric powered bicycle and cycle to your destinations. First you will be going to the Nihonmatsu Castle where you can learn about the heroic and tragic story of the Kid soldiers of Nihonmatsu. After the walk around the castle ground you will make your way to Ryusenji Temple. You will be to enter the temple and do a green tea ceremony at the temple.
Once your done with the activity at Nihonmatsu, cycle your way back to Nihonmatsu Station and head your way north again to Fukushima, from Fukushima you can make your way back to Tokyo by bullet train.
HighlightDay 1 - Time leap back to the Edo period at Edo Wonderland Nikko Edomura
Visit the Nikko Toshougu Shrine
Day 2 - Shirakawa Kominejo Castle
Wear a samurai armor and pose in front of the castle
Iaido Experience from a real Iai Master
Spend a peaceful time at the Suirakuen Japanese garden
Day 3 - Nihonmatsu Castle - Learn the tragic story of Kid Soldiers
Green tea ceremony at Ryusenji Temple
Hotel Option: Price per person
1 person - 173,000 yen
2 persons - 114,000 yen
3 persons - 94,100 yen
4 persons - 85,610 yen
1 person - 192,500 yen
2 persons - 133,300 yen
3 persons - 113,600 yen
4 persons - 105,000 yen
For more information please see below
Tour Style-This will be a private tour
-This will be a 3 Day and 2 Night Tour
Group Size-Min. 2
-For more people the car arrangement will change and the total price will change
Duration-3 Days and 2 Nights
Meeting Point-Starting point - Asakusa Station
Operating Days-Every day except for New Years Holiday
Tour ItineraryDay 1
9:00-11:05 Asakusa Station to Kosagoe Station
11:27 - 11:42 Kosagoe Station ride bus to Nikko Edomura
(Or Walking 1.7km)
15:00 Depart from Edomura to Nikko Toshogu by shuttle bus
15:30 Arrive in Nikko Toshogu
17:00 Depart from Nikko Toshogu ride transfer to Shirakawa Hotel or Ryokan
18:30 Arrive in Hotel or Ryokan
9:00 - 11:00 Explore Shirakawa Kominejo Castle and samurai armor experience
11:30 Lunch and then Bicycle Rental
12:30 Iaido Experience
15:00 Arrive at Suirakuen
16:30 Return the bicycle
8:08 Ride Shinkansen to Koriyama Station
8:39 Change to local line to Nihonmatsu Station
9:00 Arrive at Nihonmatsu Station and rent the electric powered bicycle
9:30 Arrive at Nihonmatsu Castle
13:00 Tea Ceremony at Ryusenji
16:04 Depart Nihonmatsu Station
16:27 Arrive at Fukushima Station
16:50 Bullet Train from Fukushima Station to Tokyo Station
18:30 Arrive at Tokyo
What's Included- Day 1 Transportation fee of Train ticket
- Day 1 Transfer from Nikko Toshogu to Shirakawa Hotel
- Day 1 Entrance fee of Edomura and Nikko Toshogu
- Day 1 Guide fee of Nikko Toshogu
- Day 1 Transfer fee from Nikko Toshogu to Hotel or Ryokan
- Day 1 Dinner if selected Ryokan option
- Day 1 Hotel or Ryokan fee
- Day 2 Breakfast
- Day 2 IF selected Ryokan, Train transport from Shin-Shirakawa Station to Shirakawa Station roundtrip
- Day 2 Shirakawa Komenijo Castle Entrance Fee
- Day 2 Samurai Armor Experience
- Day 2 Iaido Experience
- Day 2 Suirakuen entrance fee
- Day 2 Dinner if selected Ryokan option
- Day 3 Breakfast
- Day 3 Transportation from Shin-Shirakawa Station to Nihonmatsu Station
- Day 3 Guide fee
- Day 3 Electric assistant bicycle
- Day 3 Tea Ceremony at Ryusenji
- Day 3 Train transport from Nihonmatsu Station to Fukushima Station
- Day 3 Bullet train from Fukushima Station to Tokyo Station
What's not Included- Day 1 Transportation to Asakusa station
- Day 1 Bus fee from Kosagoe Station to Edomura
- Day 1 Dinner if selected Hotel option
- Day 2 Lunch fee
- Day 2 Dinner fee if Hotel option selected
- Day 3 Lunch fee
Additional info- This is a package trip, if you have JR passes or want to change the itinerary please inquiry us.
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without a charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 7 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 7 days and 2 day: 30% of the program charge
- 1 day prior to the booking date: 40% of the program charge
- Cancellation on the booking date or few hours prior to the starting time: 50% of the program charge
- Cancellation after the starting time or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
1 Day Nikko Private Guided Tour ~Toshogu, Waterfall, an...
7 Day Nikko and Nasu Guided Hiking Tour
Nikko Guided Tour by Chartered Vehicle with Exclusive L...
Discover History and Charm of Samurai City, Aizu-Wakama...
Samurai History Discovery Guided Tour in Aizuwakamatsu