Architecture Tour with English Guide in Ginza
IntroductionGinza, byword for luxury and elegance across Japan for well over a century has gone through several urban planning movements from the shogun’s time in early 1600s.
After the big fire of 1872, the Meiji government seized the opportunity to demonstrate Japan’s aspirations to join Western civilization.
So then when did the area develop as the premier site for consumption, fashion, chic and elegance? The architecture definitely helped to create the character of Ginza passing down its history to the future generation.
In front of the gate of Tsukiji Hongwan-ji temple.
Get out of Exit 1 of Tsukiji station (Tokyo Metro Hibiya line), turn left and walk straight for less than a minute.
Starting from Tsukiji Hongwan-ji temple adjacent to Tsukiji station.
After visiting the newly built Kabuki theater (2013) inheriting the traditional style from the past generation we will move on to the most outstanding Nakagin Capsule tower from the Metabolism movement.
We then continue on to Nicolas G. Hayek Center, Maison Hermes, Tokyu Plaza Ginza, Mikimoto Ginza 2, the Okuno Building and finish up at the intersection of Ginza 4-chome where the Wako building stands.
We will also take a secret side trip to see the backstreet neighborhood to appreciate the different aspects of the area.
We will stop by at a cafe to have a short break while walking and enjoy some conversation (drinks at the cafe will be paid by individual).
◆Pricing (per person)
1 person: 14,000 yen
2 people or more: 10,000 yen
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 5 persons
Tour ItineraryStarting time: 10AM or 2PM
What's IncludedGuiding fee
What's not IncludedDinner
Transportation fee to/from Ginza area
Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 7 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 7 days and 2 days: 30% of the program charge
- The day before the date of travel: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.