'Asakusa Chanko-ba' serves genuine Chanko cuisine made by ex-sumo wrestler
IntroductionYou will experience a special Chanko (hot pot) lunch/dinner made by ex-sumo wrestler.
Enjoy a special prix-fixe lunch/dinner at Asakusa Chanko-ba.
In this special package, besides chanko-nabe hot pot, you can also enjoy black pork cuisine from Kagoshima area.
Here is menu.
- Chanko-nabe (sumo wrestlers' one-pot dish containing vegetables and big chunks of meat and fish, all cooked at the table)
- Black pork hamburg
- Black pork steak
- Gyoza dumping
- Pork miso
- Sorbet ice cream
Beverage is not included and available at additional fee, such as Sake, sho-chu, beer, wine, and whiskey.
Price (per person)
4,900 yen (tax included)
◆About Asakusa Chanko-ba
Asakusa Chanko-ba is the genuine Chanko restaurant in Asakusa. You can enjoy taste of chanko made by ex-sumo wrestler.
Chanko refers to cuisine that all master and disciple eat together cooking and among those, this Chanko-nabe (hot pot) is especially widely known.
In Kakukai (sumo world), there is an expression "taste of Chanko sinks in". This expresses novice wrestlers practice hard and his mental and physical has been familiar with the sumo world.
As the wrestlers become strong, "taste of chanko is deeply sinking in" is an expression of compliment.
Second floor is a room floored with tatami mats, which looks like a stable.
Owner sticks not only interior, but also into the foods.
This restaurant uses black pork from Nanshu farm, which is certified as Kagoshima brand. Texture is soft with a bit of sweetness and contains amino acid, which makes "umami" (taste).
Asakusa Chanko-ba is produced by "Tonteki Genki" in the same building. First flow is "Tonteki genki" restaurant with table seats and the second floor is a big tatami floor "Asakusa Chanko-ba" restaurant.
From Friday to Sunday or during dinner time, the upstairs become open, but it is often closed during lunch time from Monday to Thursday, so please be careful for those who are interested in tatami room.
Of course, Chanko nabe (hot pot) can be enjoyed on the first floor as well.
◆Chanko nabe Lunch or Dinner and Robot Restaurant Package
◆Chanko dinner with Sumo Wrestler
Tour StyleThis is a lunch/dinner experience program and there will be no guide.
Asakusa Chanko-ba/Tonteki Genki（2-27-10 Nishiasakusa,Taito-ku, Tokyo）
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 100 persons
Tour ItineraryStart at your requested time.
What's Included- prix-fixe lunch/dinner
- Reservation arrangement
What's not Included- Transportation fee
- Beverages and additional food
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 3 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 3 days and 1 day: 20% of the program charge
- No show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
16% Discount! Robot Restaurant Ticket, Shinjuku, Tokyo ...
Walking Tour with Sumo wrestlers in Asakusa and Ryogoku
Customizable Tsukiji Fish Market Guided Walking Tour
Enjoy 100 kinds of Sake 'All-you-can-drink' in Tokyo 'K...
Tickets for KAGUWA: Oiran and Geisha entertainment show...