[August 26th only] Experience a handkerchief making with Yuzen dyeing method
It is a great chance to experience Yuzen dyeing from Tokyo traditional craftsman on August 26th only. You can bring the piece of art back to home, so it would be a great souvenir for you.
Yuzen-zome is a Japanese method of dyeing cloth, called 'yuzen' dyeing, and characteristic is the beautiful person, flowers, and birds. During 1688 to 1704, pieces drawn by Miyazaki Yuzensai, famous artist in Kyoto, became very popular and this is where the Yuzen-zome name from.
In today's Yuzen-zome, there are 2 types of dyeing, Kata-yuzen, which use paper pattern, and Tegaki-yuzen, which only uses hand work.
In this program, you will experience tegaki-yuzen, handmade process.
Price per person: 5,200 yen
- Tour Style
- This is a cultural experience program.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Program is offered in English.
Meeting Place: 7F Nakaya Bldg., 1−13−8 Nihonbashimuromachi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
- Group Size
- Min. 1 person
- 2.5 hours
- Tour Itinerary
1. Explanation by artist
2. Dye to a sketch
3. Yuzen nagashi (wash)
- What's Included
- - Experience fee of Yuzen dyeing process
- What's not Included
- - Transportation fee
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal. You do not need to have a paypal account to make a payment with your credit card.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 2 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 1 day before the program date will incur the following charges:
- 1 day before or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 4 business days prior to the program date.
16% Discount! Robot Restaurant Ticket, Shinju...
◆Ticket Price (per person): 6,700 yen Credit...
'arigato.kitchen' Japanese home cooking exper...
This is a private lesson of traditional Japan...
'Alice in Fantasy Book' themed restaurant spe...
This is a dinner experience program at Lewis ...
'Nikugatou' Excellent Yakiniku Restaurant in ...
Nikugatou, specialized in lean beef, is certa...