Authentic Japanese Home Cooking Experience in Kamakura
Introduction”Washoku” traditional Japanese cuisine has been added to UNESCO insensible cultural heritage list on 2013.
You can visit a local home to experience and enjoy a real Japanese meal with a professional Japanese cook Mariko.
◆Four features of Authentic Japanese cuisine "Washoku".
1. Respect of the each various and fresh foods characteristic is considered.
2. Healthy eating habits, excellent in nutritional balance.
3. Expression of a change of season and natural beauty.
4. Close relation by annual events, all year around.
◆Mariko Nakamura is a professional cook
Growing up with a restaurant owner and chef as a father, Mariko was instilled with a love of food and cooking from a young age. She studied not only Japanese food, but many world's cuisines to get to understand and know the differences from Japanese food. She is a nutrition expert and recipe creator who teaches all kinds of Japanese cooking classes in English from her modern home in Kamakura. She also runs the catering company Shokuart.
- Professional Cooking instructor
- Expert in nutrition
- Food sanitation manager
- A foodie
1 main dish
2 side dish
1 miso soup
1 choice of Japanese white rice or brown rice (+300 Yen)
◆How the main dish is decided.
If you are the first group who made the reservation of the requested date, you would have a right to choose which one to cook for the main dish of the day.
Here are a few example of main dishes that you can choose from:
-Oyako-don (chicken and egg)
-Shouga-yaki (ginger pork)
-Ton-jiru (pork miso soup)
-Saba no Miso-ni (boiled mackerel with miso flavor)
-Zou-sui (rice in a soup)
-Maki-zushi (sushi roll)
-Nori-maki (sushi hand roll)
※Children younger than 5 years of age are free of charge
You can cook additional main dish at an additional charge of 2,500 yen per one menu.
If you have the food to which you are allergic, you must tell us before you make a reservation.
Authentic Japanese Shojin Cuisine Cooking Experience can be found here: http://beauty-of-japan.com/tour/authentic-japanese-shojin-cuisine-cooking-experience-kamakura-vegetarian-option/
Authentic Japanese Sweets Cooking Experience can be found here: http://beauty-of-japan.com/tour/authentic-japanese-sweets-and-with-no-wheat-flour-cooking-experience/
Intensive Class can be found here: http://beauty-of-japan.com/tour/intensive-classauthentic-japanese-cooking-experience-kamakura-recommended-master-chef/
Tour StyleThis is a cultural experience program.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Programs are offered in English.
4 Hisagi, Zushi-shi, Kanagawa
Take the city bus from Kamakura station, take a bus number 40 or 41 from 7 stand and please get off at "Hisagi-nishi-couji".
＊Meeting point is at "Hisagi-nishi-couji" bus stop.
My house is One minute from the stop.
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 5 persons
DurationAbout 2~3 hours
Tour Itinerary-Lunch class starts at 10:30am
-Dinner class starts at 16pm
- Sit down lunch or dinner in an authentic Japanese setting
- All ingredients
- All the recipes
What's not IncludedTransportation fee
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of people, date/time,nationality,food allergies and a program title.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 8 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
-Up to 7 days before the class: 50% of the program charge
-Up to 3 days (72 hours) before the class: 80% of the program charge
-Up to 2 days (48 hours) before - The class of the current day and No-show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.