Authentic Matcha Ceremony and Chaji (Kaiseki Dining) Experience in Tokyo
IntroductionTake this tour and learn about CHAJI.
Tea ceremony is known as one of the most popular Japanese traditional events.
Popular ceremony is to enjoy green tea with Japanese traditional sweets.
More formal style tea ceremony is called "CHAJI" where Kaiseki cuisine is supplied during an event.
Chaji is the fundamental of current tea ceremony and its intention is the culmination of tea ceremony culture.
Originally, Chaji was just a hospitality cuisine served by owner of the house, and full course of the Kaiseki cuisine was prepared as an companion role for Japanese matcha tea.
In the past, the owner of the house used to arrange interior, dishes, equipment, and even flowers just for a single Chaji event, in order to accommodate guests with 120% of hospitality mind. Guests certainly tasted matcha tea and kaiseki cuisine with much gratitude.
In this program, you will experience Japanese traditional Chaji and learn the essence of this event.
Professional host will accommodate you and kindly teach you the A to Z of CHAJI.
1. Professional and friendly chef who has over 20 years of experience will accommodate you.
2. Taste high-end Matcha with beautiful Kaiseki cuisine and Wagashi sweets.
3. Touch the CHAJI's history and learn the detail of plates/cups used for tea ceremony.
4. Match making experience is included.
Content of this event:
- Five plates of Kaiseki cuisine
- Pickled vegetables
* Menu of Kaiseki cuisine is subject to change by season.
* Please let us know if you have any food allergy or restriction.
* Sake can be changed to water
Price per person: 22,500 yen
Option: (Additional fee)
- Private : 15,500 yen per group
Tour Style- Programs are offered in English.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
*You can change this activity as a private one for an additional 15,500 yen per group
Meeting point: Denen-Toshi line or Tokyu Oimachi line Futako-tamagawa station.
*Please meet with the guide at the exit of Futako-tamagawa station. Then the guide will take to facility, which is not open for public.
Group Size2 to 6 persons
*Please inquire us for 1 person or more than 7 persons
What's Included- Lesson fee
- Full course of Kaiseki cuisine
- Japanese traditional sweets, Wagashi
What's not Included- Please wear socks. You need to take off your shoes.
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through 'BOOK IT' button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 9 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 8 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- 8 days in advance or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
Panoramic Tokyo Day Tour - Meiji Shrine, Asakusa, and T...
Confront SUMO wrestlers and eat delicious Chanko Hot Po...
16% Discount! Robot Restaurant Ticket, Shinjuku, Tokyo ...
Go on a professionally guided sake journey through 100 ...
Tokyo Bay Dinner Cruise with Oiran show