Traditional Biwa Instrument Lesson in Tokyo
Biwa is a 7th century old Japanese short-necked lute often used to accompany narrative storytelling.
The most characteristic effect of the biwa is an unique distortion sound, and this unique sound comes from the tuning.
By the late 1940s, the biwa, a thoroughly Japanese tradition, was nearly completely abandoned for Western instruments; however, thanks to collaborative efforts by Japanese musicians, interest in the biwa is being revived.
Japanese and foreign musicians alike have begun embracing traditional Japanese instruments, particularly the biwa, in their compositions. While blind biwa singers no longer dominate the biwa, many performers continue to use the instrument in traditional and modern ways.
Take this lesson to learn history of Biwa and how to play it.
Professional and informative teacher will kindly teach you.
Be a great Biwa player!
◆Pricing (per person)
1 person : 8,000 yen
2 persons and more : 6,500 yen
- Group Size
- Min. 1 person
Max. 15 persons
- 60 min.
- Tour Itinerary
- At your requested timing between 10AM and 4PM.
Name: Yanesen Tourist Information &Culture Centre.
Address: Yanaka3-13-7, Taitou-Ku , Tokyo, 110-0001
[JR (Yamanote Line)] Nippori Station Exit the North Gate, West Exit (for Yanaka). 12min on foot.
[Subway (chiyoda Line)] Sendagi Station Exit #2 5 min. on foot.
- What's Included
- -Lesson fee
-Equipment rental fee
- What's not Included
- -Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal/bitcoin. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 days will incur 100% of the program charge.
- For cooking program, please inform us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
Japanese Food Cooking and Table Manner Learni...
Unique opportunity to experience Japanese sty...
Calligraphy (Shodo) Experience. Learn Kanji c...
In Shodo, ‘’the way of writing’’, you will le...
Koudo Japanese Incense Ceremony Experience in...
◆What is Koudo? Koudo is the art of apprecia...
Learn Shakuhachi - Japanese Traditional Instr...
◆What is Shakuhachi Shakuhachi are usually m...
Wadaiko - Japanese Taiko Drumming Lesson in T...
Try your hand at this dynamic form of Japanes...
Soba Noodle Making Experience in Tokyo
Enjoy making and eating soba noodle in Tokyo!...
Try Japanese Ink Painting (Suiboku-ga) in Tok...
Capture the soul of your subject with subtle ...