Joyful Calligraphy: Designing Your Lucky Character with a Brush Pen Experience in Fukuoka
IntroductionWith this experience you will be able to learn of the art of Shodo (Japanese calligraphy) and create your very own Japanese character with special luck design on to a postcard to sent back home!
By using the brush pen, it is easy to create a postcard with your Japanese character design even as a beginner.
The way of writing happily, expressing feelings of calling on and inviting luck, is based on the psychology of handwriting will be explained to you. Using this special technique, you will surely create a beautiful piece of calligraphy art that you can show off to your friends and family!
What to expect for this experience!
1. Explanation about Joyful calligraphy
2. Warming-up exercises
3. Getting to know the brush pen workshop
4. How to express a Japanese theme
5. Writing freely on a postcard without a pattern
6. Sharing your work with everybody
7. Presentation and explanation of the pattern (how to invite luck by writing)
8. Individual practice and writing a clean copy
9. Sharing and comparing the first and second work with the group
In Shodo, "the way of writing", you will learn the art of writing beautiful Kanji characters.
Particular emphasis is placed on the shades of the ink, the movemnet of the wring brush and the combination of the strokes.
It is also practiced to cultivate one's inner self and bring peace to oneself.
Joyfull calligraphy teacher: Taki
Living in Fukuoka. Graphic designer, illustrator. Well versed in the art of creating designs to bring written Japanese characters to life. Living according to the Macrobiotic diet since 1999. Started the school of Joyfull Calligraphy, working with the brush pen, in Osaka in 2012 after studying the psychology of handwriting. The school was also established in Tokyo later on. Currently offering 12 courses per month in 9 different places within Fukuoka prefecture.
Price per person
Adults (13 and up):5,200yen
Children (12 and below):3,500yen
Tour Style-There may be other participate
Group SizeMin. 2 persons
Max. 8 persons
DurationStart Time: 10:30AM / 2:00PM / 4:00PM
Duration: 1 hour
What's Included-Experience fee
-Paper for clean copy
What's not Included-Hotel Pick up and Drop Off
-Food and Beverage
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 3 days before the program date will incur the following:
- Between 2 days and 1 day: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.