Learn the Calligraphy (Shodo) in Kyoto
What image do you have of Japanese Calligraphy? You might think calligraphy is one of the hardest Japanese cultures to call on, but actually it's not. Why don' t you experience the genuine Japanese culture and bring in the new in your life? Calligraphy has attracted attention from all over the world recently, especially through Zen Buddhism. The fundamental teaching of Zen tells that we are originally enlightened and meditation is imperative for Zen practice to turn your eye inward. During the calligraphy session, you'll definitely have the chances to be concentrated like Zen sitting meditation. Aroma of black ink will also sooth your mind and make you feel relaxed.
Price (per person): 5,900 yen
- Tour Style
- This is a cultural experience program.
- This program is available on Fridays. Please ask us for availability.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Programs are offered in English.
373-26 Horiike-cho, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto
- Group Size
- Min. 1 person
Max. 8 persons
- 90 min.
- Tour Itinerary
- 5:30PM start
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form below and make sure to write the number of participants, date, and time (for private program).
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 7 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 7 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 3 business days prior to the program date.
Rickshaw ride in Higashiyama, Kyoto and learn...
Higashiyama is another area you can never mis...
Work Shop "Wood Engraving" a half day program...
Wood engraving is one of the representative J...
Visiting Daitoku-ji area with a guide, Kyoto ...
Daitoku-ji temple is the most prestigious Zen...
Cooking Lesson of Japanese daily cuisine in K...
You may think we Japanese eat sushi or tempur...