Cooking Lesson of Japanese daily cuisine in Kyoto
IntroductionYou may think we Japanese eat sushi or tempura almost everyday, but it’s totally wrong. If you want to find what we eat in our daily life, why don’t you join our Japanese cooking experience? We introduce not only our food culture but also genuine eating devices and kitchenware. Let’s reveal the reason why washoku was registered as one of the world's intangible cultural heritages!
◆Morning Class (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday)
Have you ever heard of the phrase "mottainai"? It means "it would be a waste (to throw away)" and this "mottainai" spirit makes us refrain from letting food go to waste. We'd like to share this spirit with you in our enjoyable cooking class. We will be using up the whole turnip (root, skin and leaves), which is a typical Japanese winter vegetable, in our recipes.
◆Afternoon Class (From Monday to Saturday)
Ginger pork saute is one of the most typical home dishes that everybody loves. Why don't you add this tasty Japanese dish to your daily menu? It's a piece of cake!
Price (per person): 8,500 yen
This is a cultural experience program.
- Please choose from either morning session or afternoon session and ask us for availability.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Programs are offered in English.
Tour StyleThere may be other participant
Program is offered in English.
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 8 persons
Meeting Point373-26 Horiike-cho, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto
Operating DayMorning Class (Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday) : 10:00 start
Afternoon Class (From Monday to Saturday) : 14:00 start
What's IncludedCooking ingredients fee
Tour TipsBooking process 1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form below and make sure to write the number of participants, date, and time (for private program).
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 7 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 7 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 3 business days prior to the program date.