Day Tour of Rice Terrace and Water Spring from Kyoto
IntroductionCome and visit Hata, a beautiful farming village on steep hills in a deep mountain and enjoy the wonderful rice terraces. With a dedicated tour guide showing you around and teaching you about the overview of the place. You will walk upwards of the village where you will experience the magnificent view of terrace field surrounded by mountain ranges. After all the walking you will visit a local's home for lunch and enjoy cuisines made by Hata farmers.
After lunch you will take a taxi to your next destination, the Harie "Shozunosato (village of living water)". This small village has been recently known for its unique lifestyle, with each home having its own crystal-clear water spring called "kabata" which is used as both a well and a kitchen sink. There are many small streams that run through the village connecting ponds and the kabata. The local people have kept this eco-system ways for a long time, coexisting with its beautiful water. When you arrive at the village, a local villager will show you around the village, also allowing you to see the kabata in private homes. You will be able to see the local shops, temples and roadside springs in your visit to the village giving you a whole new side of Japan to discover.
Lastly you will visit a 150 year old sake brewery called the Kawashima Shuzo. To make delicious sake it comes with delicious water, at this brewery you can learn how they make their award winning sake using their local grown rice and pure kabata water. Of course after you will be able to taste their sake as well.
Price per person:
Group of 1 person: 35,000 yen
Group of 2-3 persons: 25,500 yen
Group of 4-5 persons: 22,500 yen
Group of 6-7 persons: 20,000 yen
Tour Style- There will be an english speaking guide
- This private program date can be arranged upon your request.
- Tour starts and ends at Kyoto station
Group SizeMinimum 1
DurationStart from 8:00am to approximately 5:00pm
About 9 hours
Tour Itinerary-Departure from JR Kyoto Station (Train)
-JR Omi-takashima Station
-Public bus to Hata
-Walking around village (about 1.5 hours)
-Local food lunch in a villager's private home
-Taxi to Harie
-Walking tour of Harie by locals (about 1.5 hours)
-Walk to Kawashima Shuzo
-Taxi to JR Shin-asahi Station
-Train to Kyoto Station (return)
What's IncludedEnglish-speaking tour conductor (licensed guide interpreter)
Admission fee for guided walking tour in Harie
Fare for all transportation listed above
What's not Included- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Beverage unless mentioned.
- Telephone, additional meals and drinks, and any other expenses of personal nature.
- Medical expenses for injuries and illness.
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent Credit Card.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without a charge up to 11 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 10 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 10 days and 8 day: 20% of the program charge
- Between 7 days and 2 days: 30% of the program charge
- 1 day prior to the tour date: 40% of the program charge
- Prior to the starting time of the tour: 50% of the program charge
On or after the tour date or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time in JST