Traditional Tenugui (towel) Dyeing Workshop Experience in Tokyo
IntroductionTokyo Honzome Tenugui is dyed by Japanese original technique called 'Chusen'.
Take up the challenge of Dyeing Tenugui here(at Tateishi Katsushika, Tokyo)!
We offer Full course about Chusen-Dyeing Tenugui.
Professional instructor, craftsman, artisan in Chusen-Tenugui provide endless support to all participants. Therefore, anyone can enjoy dyeing your very own piece of Tenugui.
- You can create wonderful memories with your friends.
- You can create, hand-made Tenugui as a great piece of gift.
- You can convey the expression of art by Tenugui.
Please feel free to join workshop!!
We have two types of course baced on your purpose or budget.
Price per person
Basic Course: 5,400 Yen
This is a 2 hours course of towel dyeing experience. Design changes on monthly basis and professor teaches you the design of the month.
You will experience the manufacturing process of how craftman actually does, such as dyeing a design partly by using various colors, washing technique to clean off the color, and more.
Full Course: 21,400 Yen
This is a 6 hours course where you will experience the dyeing process in detail. You will color two design in your favorite color and make your original towel!
Tour StyleThis is a cultural experience program.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Program is offered in English.
Meeting place: 4-14-9 Tateishi, Katsushika-ku, Tokyo
Group SizeBasic Course: Min. 2 persons, Max. 6 persons
Full Course: Min. 3 persons, Max. 8 persons
DurationBasic Course: 2 hours
Full Course: 7 hours (includes 1 hour break)
Tour ItineraryBasic Course: 10am-12pm (meet at 9:30am) / 2pm-4pm (meet at 1:30pm)
Full Course: 10am-5pm (meat at 9:30am)
1．Preparation and explanation of materials
2. Dyeing demonstration
What's Included- Guiding and lesson fee
What's not Included- Transportation fee
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 10 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 10 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 10 days and 4 days: 20% of the program charge
- Between 3 days and 2 days: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day before or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.