Traditional Tenugui (towel) Dyeing Workshop Experience in Tokyo
Tokyo Honzome Tenugui is dyed by Japanese original technique called 'Chusen'.
Take up the challenge of Dyeing Tenugui here(at Tateishi Katsushika, Tokyo)!
We offer Full course about Chusen-Dyeing Tenugui.
Professional instructor, craftsman, artisan in Chusen-Tenugui provide endless support to all participants. Therefore, anyone can enjoy dyeing your very own piece of Tenugui.
- You can create wonderful memories with your friends.
- You can create, hand-made Tenugui as a great piece of gift.
- You can convey the expression of art by Tenugui.
Please feel free to join workshop!!
We have two types of course baced on your purpose or budget.
Price per person
Basic Course: 5,400 Yen
This is a 2 hours course of towel dyeing experience. Design changes on monthly basis and professor teaches you the design of the month.
You will experience the manufacturing process of how craftman actually does, such as dyeing a design partly by using various colors, washing technique to clean off the color, and more.
Full Course: 21,400 Yen
This is a 6 hours course where you will experience the dyeing process in detail. You will color two design in your favorite color and make your original towel!
- Tour Style
- This is a cultural experience program.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Program is offered in English.
Meeting place: 4-14-9 Tateishi, Katsushika-ku, Tokyo
- Group Size
- Basic Course: Min. 2 persons, Max. 6 persons
Full Course: Min. 3 persons, Max. 8 persons
- Basic Course: 2 hours
Full Course: 7 hours (includes 1 hour break)
- Tour Itinerary
- Basic Course: 10am-12pm (meet at 9:30am) / 2pm-4pm (meet at 1:30pm)
Full Course: 10am-5pm (meat at 9:30am)
1．Preparation and explanation of materials
2. Dyeing demonstration
- What's Included
- - Guiding and lesson fee
- What's not Included
- - Transportation fee
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 10 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 10 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 10 days and 4 days: 20% of the program charge
- Between 3 days and 2 days: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day before or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
Tateishi Nakamise Shopping Street
Here "Tateishi" has become devastat...
'arigato.kitchen' Japanese home cooking exper...
This is a private lesson of traditional Japan...
16% Discount! Robot Restaurant Ticket, Shinju...
◆Ticket Price (per person): 6,700 yen Credit...
Bronze statues of Tsubasa whom soccer kids dr...
Popular soccer manga "Captain Tsubasa&qu...
SAMURAI Workout (tate) Experience in Tokyo
This experience program is a workshop of a fu...