Experience 5 kinds of Japanese Cultural Activities in a half day at local house!
IntroductionYou will experience 5 different kinds of cultural activities at local house.
EXPERIENCE THE REAL JAPAN!!
- An estimated five hours of Japanese cultural sessions in the comfort local house in Tokyo where you will grasp the techniques behind cooking popular Japanese cuisine like sushi rolls.
- Savor the ambrosial flavors of a piping home-cooked meal which includes the choice of dishes like Tempura, Gyoza, Okonomiyaki, Sushirolls, Sukiyaki.
- How good are you at arts and crafts? Get your hands moving with a Japanese origami folding session and discover the versatility of furoshiki and wrapping cloth.
- Go back in time and experience the strokes behind authentic calligraphy writing.
- Learn the trick behind whisking a good bowl of macha green tea and taste specially selected Wagashi, a well loved Japanese confectionery.
* We are not responsible for any accidents during our programs.
* Please let us know in advance if you have an allergy.
* We ask groups of 2 or more to select the same dish.
* Side dishes will be arranged by us.
You can choose 1 menu item below for lunch in advance.
Side dishes will be arranged by us.
1) Tempura (deep fry) + Rice/thin noodles + side dishes
2) Sukiyaki (hotpot of meat and vegetables) *+1,000 yen/person
3) Sushi roll +Miso soup + side dishes
4) Gyoza (grilled dumplings with minced pork and vegetables) + Rice + side dishes
5) Okonomiyaki (Japanese style pancakes) + Yakisoba (fried noodles) + side dishes
Price per person:
13,500 yen / 2 ～4 adults
9,500 yen / Children under 12years with parents
*Children under 6years with parents are free of charge
◆Short program (Cooking experience + Origami, folding paper experience or Furoshiki, wrapping cloth experience):
Cooking experience Lunch and tasting Japanese Sake/Shochu(approx. 1.5hrs) Choose 1 menu from here
program A: Origami,folding paper experience (approx. 25min)
program B: Furoshiki,wrapping cloth experience (approx. 25min)
Price per person:
10,000 yen /2～4 adults
15,000 yen /1 adult
Tour StyleThis private program date can be arranged upon your request. This program can only be offered in English.
Group Size2〜4 persons
(Short program: 1〜4 perosons)
Tour ItineraryStart from 10am for 4.5～5.5 hours on weekdays
SAT,SUN,HOL: please contact us
- Meetup at Shin-nakano station and shopping at a Japanese confectionery store (10:00 AM～)
We meetup at Shin-nakano station. Located only 7minutes from Shinjuku station by Tokyo Metro!!
You will go shopping at a Japanese confectionery store selecting the perfect dessert to match with your Japanese green tea. (*In case Japanese confectionary store where we buy wagashi is closed, we will prepare it for you on our own.)
- Origami Experience (Approx. 10:30 ～)
Learn the traditional folding art of origami (make a samurai hat, a ninja star, a crane, and handy boxes, all using a simple piece of Japanese origami).
- Furoshiki Experience (Approx. 11:15 ～)
Learn Furoshiki an every day practice of cloth wrapping of about anything!
- Japanese cooking Experience and Lunch (Approx. 12:00 ～)
Learn the techniques used in Japanese cooking i and savour the flavours of a traditional Japanese dish, of your choice!(Choose from Tempura,Sushiroll,Gyoza,Okonomiyaki, or Sukiyaki* +1,000JPY/adult)
Try to drink a cup of Japanese SAKE /SHOCHU if you want.
- Calligraphy Experience (Approx. 13:30 ～)
You will learn the art of Shodo (traditional writing of Kanji/Hiragana/Katakana with an authentic calligraphy-brush).You can get your work as a gift after you write your favorite letter on a fancy paper!
- Matcha making Experience (Approx. 14:00 ～)
Finish off with a Matcha tea party with your specially selected Wagashi (Japanese confectionery).
What's Included- Handout of this program includes cooking recipe
- A Japanese confection and a cup of matcha for teatime
- A sheet of fancy paper for calligraphy
- Small origami paper pack
- A 27inch×27inch sized furoshiki
Please bring these items back as a souvenir !
- Handout of this program includes cooking recipe
- Small origami paper pack (if you choose program A)
- A 27inch×27inch sized furoshiki (if you choose program B)
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal website. (Credit card accepted)
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
No refund will be made when cancelled less than 8 days before the program date.
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 2 business days prior to the program date.