Experience 'Noh' - Traditional Japanese Performance
IntroductionNoh-gaku is Japanese traditional art (performance) and has a longer history than Kabuki. It is also listed in UNESCO Intangible Cultural Heritage.
In this program, you will learn and experience the performance of Noh-gaku from professional Noh performers.
Noh is the oldest of Japanese theatrical art and its performance includes action, music, and dance.
Simplicity is the most unique part of Noh.
Songs played in Noh used to be sang by local people and movement in Noh performance was a votive dedication to God.
Unlike Kabuki, stage of Noh is quite simple - there is no massive stage set and property. Also, there is an open space between a stage and audience.
You will experience...
1. Explanation about Noh (History, Noh stage, and differences from Kabuki)
2. Tools, such as a fan, used in Noh
3. Learn and try the movements in Noh
4. Noh mask wearing
5. Noh performance appreciation
6. Photo shooting with performer
7. An interpreter takes you to the nearest station and tour concludes
Price per person
1 person: 43,200 yen
2 persons: 21,600 yen
3 persons: 14,400 yen
4 persons: 10,800 yen
5 persons or more: 10,000 yen
More than 5 people: additional 6,000 yen per person
Explanation about costume and wearing. Taking commemorative photograph: 4,320 yen/person
Tour StyleThis private program date and time can be arranged upon your request.
Program is offered in English.
Meeting Place: Yotsubashi-line Yotsubashi station Exit 4 ticket gate
Tour available time (Please inquire us except for the time below)
Every Thursday 10am~5pm
Every Friday 10am~3pm
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 10 persons
90 min (with optional costume experience)
What's IncludedGuiding fee
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through 'BOOK IT' button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal. You do not need to have a Paypal account to pay with your credit card.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 3 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 3 days and 2 days: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed.
Samurai/Ninja Special Experience（90 min.） ~Learn the sw...
Enjoy Exciting Survival game experience in Tokyo, Osaka...
Nara Tour by Taxi from Osaka (8 Hours) *Guide option av...
Osaka Tour by Taxi (8 Hours) *Guide option available
Samurai/Ninja Special Experience in Shudokan hall in Os...