Visit Fish Market with Sushi Chef and Enjoy Sushi Making in Matsushima (Winter only)
IntroductionA professional Sushi chef will go to the fish market with you to show and teach you how to select good quality fish at a local fish market, and how to make sushi in Matsushima, which is one of the most scenic spots in Japan.
- Visit the local rice field to learn the method of harvest and how they grow the rice. The professional Sushi chef utilizes the rice that is grown here.
- Sushi chef will take you to the local fish market and teach you how to choose the good quality and fresh fish.
- You will learn how to make sushi at the restaurant, then you can eat and compare your sushi and chef's sushi!
*If the number of participants is less than 3 persons, a car will be arranged. If there are more than 4 persons, we will need to take a taxi and the additional fee (about 3,000 yen total) will occur.
Pricing per person: 4,500 yen
■What is Matsushima?
Matsushima is well known as one of Japan’s three most scenic spots along with Ama-no-Hashidate in Kyoto and Miyajima in Hiroshima.
The coastal landscape with over 260 pine-covered islands is so spectacular that the most famous haiku poet "Matsuo Basho" was so awed by its beauty that he couldn't write anything at all.
Tour StyleAvailable language: English
Available dates: from January 4th to April 30th
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 5 persons
(Please inquire us for a party of 6 or more.)
DurationAbout 4 hours
What's Included- Lesson
- Guide fee
What's not Included- Transportation to/from meeting point
- Additional food and beverage
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability and pricing through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation will be confirmed upon payment is received. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Payment method: Paypal, wire transfer, and bitcoin
*Payment needs to be made in advance
Reservations may be cancelled without a charge up to 6 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 5 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 5 days and 1 day: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time in JST