Dinner and Interaction with MAIKO in Gion, Kyoto
IntroductionWhile in Kyoto, everyone dreams to meet and interact with Geisha with “ozashiki asobi”, a traditional game.
Unfortunately, in reality, it is a still common culture in Gion that these traditional restaurants do not accept first-timers to come in including local people, which makes everyone to meet with Geiko and Maiko.
However, this program makes your dream come true!
You will have an access to a local restaurant where you will have a gorgeous traditional cuisine and the performance by Maiko.
- Watching dance performance by Maiko while having a traditional cuisine with sake served by Maiko
- Interact with Maiko and play traditional games, Ozashiki Asobi. with Maiko
- Take a photo with Maiko
*This restaurant cannot prepare special meal, such as vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, etc.
- Appetizer, pan-fried dish, sashimi, steamed dish, deep-fried dish, bowl dish, rice, pickled vegetables, dessert. *Menu is subjected to change by season.
- All you can drink: Beer, shochu, Japanese sake, wine by the glass, whiskey, cola, apple juice, orange juice, Sprite, and Perrier.
- Table with chairs (2-4 persons per table)
- Required to share a table
Price per person: 22,800 yen
*Children under 7 years old are not admitted
◆About Gion and Maiko
Origin of Geisha culture is 450 years ago and Gion is the area where this Geisha culture is well rooted as tradition. Gion has been one of the busy towns in Kyoto as shrine town of Yasaka shrine since long time ago and still now. Gion is famous for Geisha town and there is a chance to see Geisha on the street who are now rare to see elsewhere.
In Kyoto, Geisha is called Geiko and trainee is called Maiko. After years of training, Maiko will become Geisha. In that sense, it is rare and a chance to meet with Maiko.
Tour StylePlease note that there may be other participants.
Program is offered in English. *Our interpreter supports conversation with Maiko.
Date and hours:
- Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat
- Show starts at 6pm for 2 hours (Door opens at 5:40pm)
*Min. number of participants must be 10 persons to operate this program; otherwise, the program will be cancelled 10 days prior to the program date. (Money will be refunded.)
Meeting place: 505 Gionmachi Minamigawa, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto-shi, Kyoto
Group Size1 to 8 persons per group
What's Included- Food and beverages
- Tax and service fee
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal. You do not need to have a paypal account to make a payment with your credit card.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without a charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 7 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 7 days and 2 day: 40% of the program charge
- 1 day before or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time in JST