Green Tea Picking and Kawagoe Walking Tour from Shinjuku
IntroductionOn this full-day group tour, you will start with a brief introduction to green tea, explaining the history of Japanese green tea.
You will then have the opportunity to pick the tea and make your own green tea with your freshly-harvested leaves.
Along with your freshly brewed green tea, you will get to enjoy green tea leaf tempura!
This is an experience only offered at the green tea field because it's so fresh! Green tea in Sayama, called Sayama-cha, is known as one of the greatest green teas of Japan along with Shizuoka-cha and Uji-cha.
After this special green tea experience, your tour escort will take you on a stroll around Kawagoe with your group.
Kawagoe is one of the historical towns near Tokyo, known as little Edo. Here, you can enjoy local snacks and beer.
If there is time, you will also visit a local temple and shrine.
There will be a maximum of 10 people per group.
*Available season: May to November
Price (per person)
35,800 yen for 1 person
19,990 yen for 2 persons
14,710 yen for 3 persons
12,100 yen for 4 persons
10,500 yen for 5 persons
9,500 yen for 6 persons
8,690 yen for 7 persons
8,120 yen for 8 persons and more
Tour Style- Small-group tour with escort
Seibu Shinjuku-Line Seibu-Shinjuku station
(10 min. walk from Shinjuku station. This is different from JR/Subway Shinjuku station.)
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 10 persons
9am: Take an express train to Sayama-shi station
10am - 12pm: Tea picking and green tea tasting
12:30pm - 1:30pm: Lunch
1:30pm - 4pm: Stroll in Kawagoe
5pm: Take train back to Tokyo
- Wear comfortable shoes for walking
- Costume can be rented for 500 yen at the green tea field, which you can pay for at the sight.
- There is no central drop off point. On the way back to Tokyo from Kawagoe, please feel free to get off at any train station that is the most convenient for you. Or if you prefer, you can leave us in Kawagoe.
- In case it rains, you will still get to enjoy green tea leaf tempura.
- This is a join-in tour and the maximum number of participants is 10 people.
- Please bring some cash for admission. (2,000 yen is enough)
What's Included- English-speaking tour escort
- Green Tea picking
- Green tea leaf tempura
- Small-group tour
What's not Included- Lunch
- Personal expense (food, beverages, souvenir)
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 7 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 6 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 3 days and 6 days: 50% of the program charge
- Less than 2 day(s) or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.?
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.?
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.?
- Deadline for booking a program is 3 business days prior to the program date.