Mt. Miyanoura Hiking, the Highest Peak in Yakushima island
Introduction■What is Yakushima?
Yakushima... An island of moss green, a botanical treasury plenty of forests from ancient times, showered forever by the southern heaven, where the islanders live along the vivid cycle of four seasons more intimately than elsewhere in Japan...
This island is not entitled the World Natural Heritage by UNESCO for no reason.
So, we are here to help you know and experience what Yakushima is about!
Enjoy Yakushima field tour with our licensed local guide!
■Hike up to the highest peak of Yakushima!
Mt. Miyanoura is the highest peak in Kyusyu area which includes Yakushima.
This mountain has been visited by many mountain lovers even before Yakushima was entitled World Natural Heritage, since it had been listed Japanese Best 100 Mountains selected by Kyuya Fukada.
It is a tough and long trekking course, a vertical journey through the wide range of forest types, beyond the tree line, into the unpredictable sky of the high altitude (1,936m).
Unpredictable but if lucky, a 360° panoramic view from the top of the island is more than rewarding!
Note that beyond the tree line, where no tree is taller than ourselves, nothing protects you from sunshine or raindrops falling from the sky.
If you care, sunscreen is helpful, and rainwear is indispensable.
■Do you prefer to prepare your meal for the tour on your own?
If "NO", the lunch (also morning for some tour) we offer is Japanese style "Bento" (lunch box) like in the picture gallery: 1. Rice Balls 2. Cooked Burdock 3. Fried Chicken 4. Fried Fish Ball 5. Mackerel 6. Rolled Omellets
- Trekking shoes
- Trekking poles(if needed)
- Rainwear (a set of jacket and pants, no matter what the weather cast says)
- Backpack (enough size to carry what you want/need to take with you)
- Trekking poles (optional)
- Gaiters (optional in case of raining or snowing)
*Above listed gears are available in Yakushima to rent
- Hat and sunglasses
- Gloves (trekking requires rope-climbing at some parts)
- Soft-shell or fleece (in wintertime)
- Thermal underwear (in wintertime)
- Water bottle(water can be refilled on the way)
- Snack (or any portable food to charge your energy)
- Self-confidence (both physical and mental)
■Price per person
1 person: 35,000 Yen
2 persons: 25,000 Yen
3 persons: 18,800 Yen
4 persons: 15,700 Yen
5 persons or more: Please ask.
Tour Style- Program is offered in English.
Meeting Place: Pick-up to your accommodation located between Isso and Kurio area.
*Please let us know in the case your accommodation is located in Nagata area.
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Tour ItineraryMeeting time:
Miyanoura (Port): 4:00AM
Onoaida area: 4:00AM
Anbo (Port): 4:30AM
*The exact time will follow after your booking.
What's Included- Pick up in Yakushima town
- A meal set for breakfast & Lunch
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
- If the tour is cancelled due to the weather condition, no cancellation fee will be charged.
Also, if the weather doesn’t allow your requested tour though you are already in Yakushima, our guides will propose another activity to make up your stay here.
- Otherwise, cancellation within 7 days of the reserved tour date will be charged the full amount of the tour price.
In short, please be as nice as possible not to cancel after your tour date is confirmed.
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, but we cannot make absolute guarantees! Changes to the itinerary will normally be made to introduce an improvement. Weather conditions, road and transport conditions, and the health of walkers can all contribute to changes. The guide will ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but an easy-going nature is an asset!