"Himeji Castle", world heritage. Samurai World ! (SWA050)
Though being built as a fortress to fight, Himeji Castle has been called “the castle of the white heron because of its beauty. Why don’t you step into the World of Samurai 400 years ago? After the castle, enjoy the beautiful Japanese gardens with Matcha powdered green tea. The optional tour is ready for you to visit the quiet temple on the mountain. The temple has a history of 1000 years and famous as a filming location for the movie “The Last Samurai”.
Price per person
16,600 yen for 1 person
12,100 yen for 2 persons
10,600 yen for 3 persons
9,900 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 4,600 yen
- Tour Style
- This is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
JR Himeji Station (just the outside of central ticket gate)
- Group Size
- 1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
- 4 hours
- Tour Itinerary
- (1) 9:00 start
(2) 13:00 start
JR Himeji Station→Himeji castle→Kokoen Garden→ JR Himeji Station
Himeji castle which was built in 1609 has been miraculously survived for over 400 years. Many of the castles were destroyed by accidental fires or during the civil wars or the World War Ⅱ. The original buildings, defensive devices and layout to fight have been pretty well preserved. It is never difficult to imagine what a samurai castle was like. From the top of the main tower, you can enjoy amazing view of the city. The castle ground is also famous as a cherry blossom viewing spot in spring.
This Japanese garden was constructed in 1992 at the site of the ex-samurai’s residences. In the American “Journal of Japanese Garden”, this garden has always been in the top 25 among more than 800 domestic gardens. Enjoy scrolling beautiful gardens and having Matcha powdered green tea in the tea house.
- What's Included
- Guiding fee, Travel expenses during the tour. (Public transportation only. For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
- What's not Included
- Lunch, beverages,Travel expenses to the meeting place, Sightseeing activities
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants, date, and time (for private program).
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.
Kobe Beef & Night View of Kobe Tour（SWA0...
Because of its limited amount, Kobe beef has ...
Kobe Sannomiya Motomachi Tour B（SWA041）
In this tour, you’ll enjoy Kobe Harbor cruise...
Kobe Nada Sake Brewery Tour (From Kyoto)（SWA0...
Start from the main stations, enjoy 6-hour tr...
Historic Kurashiki Walking a half day tour (S...
From Kansai area, you go to Kurashiki, or the...
Osaka Castle & River Cruise half day tou...
This is a walking tour from your hotel to vi...