Historic Kurashiki Walking a half day tour (SWA052）
Introduction◆Kurashiki Kokusai Hotel
Adjacent to Ohara Museum of Art this hotel presents the appearance of a part of the museum and attracts a number of art fans from in and out of the country thanks to the print work which is the greatest masterpiece by the artist who Japan is proud of.
◆Shinkeien, Ohara Museum of art
Constructed in the end of the 19th as a part of the Ohara house, it has offered the perfect Japanese beauty. Walk through the site of Ohara Museum of Art and enjoy the array of white and black wall warehouses which are used as museum buildings. In the pond, enjoy pretty water lilies and original Rodin sculptures.
Enjoy the landscape of the Kurashiki river lined with white and black plaster wall decorated with sea cucumber motif. The river was used as the inner harbor connected with the port facing to the Inland Sea. When you want, you can enjoy the traditional boat ride.
◆Ohara House and Yurinso
This house is the principal residence of the Ohara family that was the new rich in the 18th as a merchant. The family founded Kurabo Industries Ltd., Chugoku Bank, the Chugoku Electric Power Co Ltd. and Ohara Museum of Art. Yurinso was the house for the wife of the second generation master and has green and orange glazed roof tiles which give the elegant atmosphere.
The building was the old fabric factory in the 19th and now used as a hotel, restaurant, shops and the Kurabo Museum. It still retains the original wall and gives the visitors the history of this city.
◆Chugoku Bank Kurashiki Branch
Constructed in 1922, this second-storied building has the Renaissance architecture with a hipped roof. The exterior has beautiful granite wall and three dormers. The interior is decorated with stained glasses and oak timber balconies.
From Kansai area, you go to Kurashiki, or the Kurashiki Bikan Historic Quarter, by the bullet train. Start from Kurashiki Kokusai Hotel to see a magnificent wood block painting by a world famous Japanese artist in the 60s. Enjoy strolling through Shinkeien garden and Ohara Museum of Art which is known as its well-preserved Japanese plaster warehouses. Look at Ohara House and Yurinso that are the houses of the Ohara family. Walk to Ivy Square and see the beautiful brick building that was used as a fabric factory.Visit the Kurashiki branch of Chugoku Bank to see the Renaissance Architecture.
Price per person
15,900 yen for 1 person
11,200 yen for 2 persons
9,600 yen for 3 persons
8,800 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 3,900 yen
Tour StyleThis is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
JR Kurashiki Station (just the outside of ticket gate on the second floor)
Group Size1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
Tour Itinerary13:00 start
JR Kurashiki Station→walk along Arima river → Taiko statue → Nene statue → Bamboo crafts shop studio → Lunch → Onsen Temple → Taiko no Yudonokan → Hot spring sources → Foot bath → JR Kurashiki Station
What's Included・Guiding fee
・Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.)
What's not Included・Cost of meal and sightseeing activities
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants and date.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Payment - Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Cancellation Policy Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.