'Houou' Japanese Kaiseki cuisine lunch/dinner in Ginza (Next to the Kabukiza)
IntroductionEnjoy Beauty of Japan exclusive lunch/dinner at Houou in Ginza.
Their menu changes by seasons, so you will enjoy the best ingredients at the time.
Enjoy great kaiseki cuisine in Kabuki-like atmosphere.
- Appetizer: 9 different dishes
- Grilled sesame tofu
- Kosode sushi, Fried Manganji red pepper, boiled sweet potato cooked with honey
- Soup in the steamed tea pot
- Assorted sashimi
- Grilled fish in shuto-style, Wagyu steak with mushroom
- Pickled eggplant, ginger
- Matsutake mushroom rice
- Miso soup
- Seasonal fruits
*Menu is subjected to change by season.
*Vegetarian menu available.
Right next to the Kabuki theater, why not enjoy a decorative meal with us, before or after the show.
In the kaiseki (formal set menu) dinner set, by making a turnip into a chrysanthemum flower, a pumpkin or carrot into a leaf or fallen leaf, we represent autumn in this dish. Full of sauce from chicken bones, kelp or bonito, it is gently flavored. Yonezawa beef used in steak or other dishes is provided in the set priced above 8000 yen. You can taste quality meat that is purchased directly from reliable contracted farmers. It is basic, but we try to serve hot dishes. Since we cannot see customers from the kitchen, we closely cooperate with waiters to serve the best food at the best time. Located next to Kabuki theater, you can feel its atmosphere even in the restaurant. Since we cater for Kabuki theater, we feel happy when customers who already know our taste come to visit us.
◆Introduction of Chef
He has just kept advancing untiringly in the way of Japanese cuisine, which he chose by chance, and mastered an artistic craftsmanship.
Masashi Ueki was born in Okinawa prefecture in 1984. Since both of his parents were cooks, he has been familiar with cooking since his childhood when he used to cook fried rice or champuru (Okinawan noodle dish). He had lived in Okinawa till the fourth year of elementary school and then moved to Ibaraki. He chose to pursue Japanese cuisine following the advice of an acquaintance, who was a cook, and worked in a hotel and at a Japanese restaurant. When the Japanese Restaurant Houou opened, he joined it. According to the hostess, "He is a cook who can do a sophisticated job, spending time for elaboration."
Show more detail: https://savorjapan.com/0006044269/
Tour StyleThis is a lunch/dinner program and there will be no guide.
Shochiku Club Bldg. 3F, 4-13-11 Ginza, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Group SizeMin. 2 persons
Max. 30 persons
Tour ItineraryStart at your requested time.
*Closed on Saturdays, Sundays, National holidays
What's Included- Prix-fixe lunch/dinner
- Reservation arrangement
What's not Included- Transportation fee
- Beverages and additional food
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 3 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 3 days and 1 day: 20% of the program charge
- No show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.