[Intensive Class] Authentic Japanese cooking lesson for experienced chef
”Washoku” traditional Japanese cuisine has been added to UNESCO insensible cultural heritage list on 2013.
You can visit a local home to experience and enjoy a real Japanese meal with a professional Japanese chef Mariko.
◆Four features of Authentic Japanese cuisine "Washoku".
1. Respect of the each various and fresh foods characteristic is considered.
2. Healthy eating habits, excellent in nutritional balance.
3. Expression of a change of season and natural beauty.
4. Close relation by annual events, all year around.
◆Mariko Nakamura is a professional chef
Growing up with a restaurant owner and chef as a father, Mariko was instilled with a love of food and cooking from a young age. She studied not only Japanese food, many world's cuisines to get to understand and know the differences from Japanese food. She is a nutrition expert and recipe creator who teaches all kinds of Japanese cooking classes in English from her modern home in Kamakura. She also runs the catering company Shokuart.
- Professional Cooking instructor
- Expert in nutrition
- Food sanitation manager
- A foodie
If you would like to learn deeply about many kinds of authentic Japanese food, please contact us for futher details.
We would like to customize a menu depending on your requirements.
Price (per person)
44,000 yen for a day (Lunch and Dinner)
※From 2 days.
※Children younger than 5 years of age are for free
Authentic Japanese Home Cooking experience: http://beauty-of-japan.com/tour/authentic-japanese-home-cooking-experience-kamakura/
Authentic Japanese Shojin Cuisine Cooking Experience can be found here: http://beauty-of-japan.com/tour/authentic-japanese-shojin-cuisine-cooking-experience-kamakura-vegetarian-option/
Authentic Japanese Sweets Cooking Experience can be found here: http://beauty-of-japan.com/tour/authentic-japanese-sweets-and-with-no-wheat-flour-cooking-experience/
- Tour Style
- This is a cultural experience program.
- This is completely a private session.
- Programs are offered in English.
4 Hisagi, Zushi-shi, Kanagawa
Take the city bus from Kamakura station, take a bus number 40 or 41 from 7stand and please get off at "Hisagi-nishi-couji".
＊Meeting point is at "Hisagi-nishi-couji" bus stop.
My house is One minute from the stop.
- Group Size
- Min. 1 person
Max. 5 persons
- From 2days ~
- Tour Itinerary
- Start at your requested time.
- What's Included
- - Sit down lunch and dinner in an authentic Japanese setting
- All ingredients
- All the recipes
- What's not Included
- Transportation fee
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of people, date/time,nationality,food allergies and a program title.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 8 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
-Up to 7 days before the class: 50% of the program charge
-Up to 3 days (72 hours) before the class: 80% of the program charge
-Up to 2 days (48 hours) before - The class of the current day and No-show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
Great Buddha located at Kōtoku-in Temple, Kam...
This is the Great Buddha located at Kōtoku-in...
Tsurugaoka Hachimangu shrine, a symbol of the...
Tsurugaoka Hachimangu is also known as Kamaku...
Kamakura~Shonan hiking tour incl. rickshaw ri...
This is a full-day program in Kamakura/Shonan...
Enoshima turned to sightseeing spot from reli...
Enoshima’s picturesque scenery is the pride o...
The Enoshima Electric Railway - well loved fo...
The Enoshima Electric Railway—commonly known ...