Japanese Calligraphy Experience (Shodo) in Kyoto
IntroductionJapanese Calligraphy - The one reflecting your own mind
Calligraphy is said to reflect the writer's mind as well as their writing skill. During this program, you can create your own calligraphy after a few practice attempts.
You are able to bring your creations home with you.
Location is just 5 minutes away from Kyoto National Museum and Sanjusangen-do Temple.
Our master teaches you how to use brushes and ink.
You can take your work back home!
◆Pricing (per person)
1 person: 7,250 yen
2 persons and more: 4,650 yen
◆With Kimono option (Add 40min.)
1 person: additional 7,250 yen
2 persons and more: additional 4,650 yen
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 30 persons
Tour ItineraryWe have several different start times, please choose your best.
1st session 12:00PM
2nd session 1:00PM
Address: 1-533-3, Yamato-oji, Yamato-oji Shomen Sagaru, Higashiyama-ku, Kyoto
Located 5-minute walk from Kyoto National Museum and Sanjusangen-do Temple.
7-minute walk from SHICHIJO Station (KEIHAN railway)
10-minute by car from JR KYOTO Station.
What's Included- Complete set of equipment for calligraphy
- Lecture in English
- Signature board
What's not Included- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
- Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 17 days prior to the program date.
- Reservations cancelled less than 16 days will incur 20% of the program charge.
- Reservations cancelled less than 8 days will incur 40% of the program charge.
- Reservations cancelled less than 3 days will incur 50% of the program charge.
- Reservations cancelled less than 2 days will incur 70% of the program charge.
- Reservations cancelled less than 1 day will incur 100% of the program charge.