'arigato.kitchen' Japanese home cooking experience with seasonal ingredients
IntroductionThis is a private lesson of traditional Japanese food called "Ichi-ju-sansai", meaning "Meal consisting of soup, three side dishes and rice" that use seasonal ingredients. Thus menu changes every month.
Learn and taste the traditional and authentic Japanese cuisine from a bilingual professional instructor who will kindly teaches you including history. This program includes English recipes and the souvenir that it is easy to practice at home.
◆Marimo is a professional cook.
She proposes a simple and healthy vegetables abundance of home cooking by taking advantage of seasonal ingredients. Her recipes, based on Japanese home cooking with seasonal, are full of her original ideas and are loved by many people of all generations. She is an expert in medicinal cooking for home and recipe creator who teaches all kinds of Japanese cuisine in English at her salon in Meguro.
She also runs as private chef, catering, food styling for TV-show, CM and magazine. She published her first recipe book "Kurashino-koyomi" in 2013.
Through all her activities, she has been trying to show how to enjoy life and to make family life happy with homemade cooking.
She inspired from the father who had experienced at embassy chef at a time in the past. As she grew up watching carefully her grandmother cooking since she was young, she acquired cooking skills naturally. She studied not only Japanese food, many worlds’ cuisines to get to understand and know the differences from Japanese food.
- Professional Cooking instructor
- Food Coordinator (Magazine, CM, TV-show and so on)
- Expert in medicinal cooking for home (based on traditional Chinese medicine)
- Food Education Instructor
- A foodie and foodies traveler
Three dishes, soup and rice
- One main dish(meat or fish)
- Two dishes
◆Price per person: 12,000 Yen
* Under 12 years old is half price.
* We can arrange for private lesson from 30,000 Yen per person.
Please ask us for any request.
◆Cooking Class Open days
Mon-Wed-Fri: Morning class: after 9am
Afternoon class: after 4pm
*Please inquire us in case that your requested date/timing is not listed.
Tour StyleThis is a cultural experience program.
- Appointment only, for small groups system.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Programs are offered in English.
Meeting place: Shibuya area *The detail location will be followed after we confirm your booking.
Group SizeMin. 1 persons
Max. 4 persons
Tour ItineraryMorning Class (Lunch) : 10:30-13:30
Afternoon Class (Dinner) : 15:00-18:00
* Time it will vary depending on reservation status. *Ending time depends on the course content.
◆５Step! Cooking class flow
1. Greetings, their self-introduction
3. Practice and Experience
4. Tasting and Discourse
5. Question-and-Answer session, Greetings
What's Included- Guiding and lesson fee
- Food and all ingredients
What's not Included- Transportation fee
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal website. (Credit card accepted)
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 6 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 5 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- 5 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 2 business days prior to the program date.