Japanese Ink Painting (Suibokuga) Experience in Tokyo
IntroductionCapture the soul of your subject with subtle nuances expressed through variations in brush techniques.
You will enjoy a lesson of Suiboku-ga, and become a great writer by the end of the lesson.
Suiboku-ga (Japanese Ink Painting) meaning, "water and black ink" is a style of sumi (ink) art that has been in Japan since olden times.
Sumi is a type of painting material that is made from burning pine tree or oil to produce soot and mixing with glue. Originally monks would use it in writing however it was then used for painting Buddhist pictures. Recently the use of Sumi has become more common as people now will use it to paint living things and plants, it has also been used to make signboards for restaurants and book covers.
By adding water to a jet black sumi it produces a subtle shade which gives a three-dimensional effect on a plane paper surface, also just with the strength of the brush stroke it gives a delicate touch to the painting.
Don't you want to try out this unique ink writing?
◆Pricing (Per person)
1 person: 13,400 yen
2 persons and more : 8,000 yen
Tour StyleThis is a cultural experience program.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Programs are offered in English.
Meeting Place: 5F Shintomicho 1-chome Bldg., 1-3-2 Shintomi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max. 5 persons
Tour ItineraryAvailable time: all day between 10am and 8pm
What's Included- Lesson fee
- English translator
What's not Included- Transportation fee
Please note that your clothes may get dirty during the program because you might get ink on your clothes. Therefore, it is advised to wear something that you wouldn't mind getting dirty.
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- 2 days in advance or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.