Join in with the Locals and Enjoy the Kawagoe MATSURI only on October 21st
IntroductionCome and join this once in a lifetime chance to be part of a traditional Japanese festival.
With this program you will be able to participate in a festival with the local Japanese people helping pulling the float for the festival. This experience is very rare that only people who are involved in the float committee can only participate, however with this program you have special access allowing you to pull the float.
About the Kawagoe Matsuri
Every year on the 3rd Saturday and Sunday of October the Kawagoe festival is held. What makes this festival special is that nearly 30 massive hand crafted dashi (floats) is hand-pulled by people.
It has a history of more than 360 years when the reigning Lord Matsudaira Nobutsuna a Mikoshi (portable shrine) to Hikawa Shrine, which is the main shrine in Kawagoe. From 1651 onward, neighborhoods of shrine parishioners would dress up in costumes and carry floats to represent their district, this tradition has been ongoing since then.
The schedule of the day
3:00PM Meet your guide at Kawagoeshi station.
3:30PM Move to the Kawagoe City Hall.
4:00PM~6:00PM Dashi Pulling (Float Pulling) Experience
6:00PM~ Free Time to Look Around
Price per person
Tour Style-English speaking guide will be with you
-This will be a join in tour
Group SizeMinmum: 2
Minimum age: 10 yrs old
Duration3 to 4 hours
What's Included- English speaking local guide
- Dashi pulling (Float Pulling) experience
What's not Included- Food and Beverages
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 3 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 2 days and 1 day: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
*If it ware raining, we will inform you 2 days prior to the tour date and amount will be fully refunded.