Jomon Sugi 1 Day Trekking Tour in Yakushima island
Introduction■What is Yakushima?
Yakushima is an island of moss green, a botanical treasury plenty of forests from ancient times, showered forever by the southern heaven, where the islanders live along the vivid cycle of four seasons more intimately than elsewhere in Japan.
Enjoy Yakushima field tour with our licensed local bilingual guide!
■ Meet the most famous and long-living cedar tree in the world!
This is one of the most popular tours among tourists both domestic and international.
However, the way to the most admired tree is not easy at all, because it’s very long, both in time and distance.
First, we walk on the old rail road that goes along Anbo river.
It’s nice to walk through the natural green tunnel, but the surroundings do not change dramatically for 3 hours.
Next, we trek on the trail for 2 hours and this part is tough but entertaining.
You get to see the biggest tree stump (not only see, but step in and check how it is like to be inside the stump!), other characteristic Yakusugi trees, and finally, Jomon-sugi.
Then, we come back on the same route (no choice for one day time).
In total, its course time takes about 10 to 11 hours.
Note also that this popular course gets very crowded on week-end, Japanese holiday, and summer time (from late July to September), even though it’s in the middle of mountain.
Yet, if your very wish upon visiting Yakushima is meeting this tree, we are here with you!
Please be prepared both physically and mentally.
■Do you prefer to prepare your meal for the tour on your own?
If "NO", the lunch (also breakfast) we offer is Japanese style "Bento" (lunch box) like in the picture gallery:
1. Rice Balls 2. Cooked Burdock 3. Fried Chicken 4. Fried Fish Ball 5. Mackerel 6. Rolled Omellets
- Trekking shoes
- Rainwear (a set of jacket and pants, no matter what the weather cast says)
- Backpack (enough size to carry what you want/need to take with you)
- Trekking poles (optional)
- Gaiters (optional in case of raining or snowing)
Above listed gears are available for rent. Please contact us for details in advance.
- Soft-shell or fleece (in wintertime)
- Thermal underwear (in wintertime)
- Snack (or any portable food to charge your energy)
- Self-confidence (both physical and mental)
■Price per person
1 person: 35,000 Yen
2 persons: 25,000 Yen
3 persons: 18,800 Yen
4 persons: 15,700 Yen
5 persons or more: Please ask
Tour Style- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Program is offered in English.
Meeting Place: Pick-up to your accommodation between Isso and Kurio area.
*Please let us know in the case that your accommodation is located in Nagata area.
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Tour Itinerary-Meeting time
Onoaida area: 4:00AM
Miyanoura (Port): 4:00AM
Anbo (Port): 4:30AM
*Exact pick up time will be informed after the booking is confirmed.
- Walk on the old rail road that goes along Anbo river
- Trek on the trail for 2 hours and this part is tough but entertaining
- Come back on the same route (no choice for one day time)
*In total, its course time takes about 10 to 11 hours
What's Included- Pick up in the town of Yakushima
- Bus tickets (due to the traffic regulation for Arakawa route)
- Bento for breakfast & lunch
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
- If the tour is cancelled due to the weather condition, no cancellation fee will be charged.
Also, if the weather doesn’t allow your requested tour though you are already in Yakushima, our guides will propose another activity to make up your stay here.
- Otherwise, cancellation within 7 days of the reserved tour date will be charged the full amount of the tour price.
In short, please be as nice as possible not to cancel after your tour date is confirmed.
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, but we cannot make absolute guarantees! Changes to the itinerary will normally be made to introduce an improvement. Weather conditions, road and transport conditions, and the health of walkers can all contribute to changes. The guide will ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but an easy-going nature is an asset!