Kayaking in Lake Biwa at Sunrise and BBQ Program in Shiga
IntroductionStart out paddling to sunrise in Lake Biwa
One night and two days at lakefront facilities to explore the beautiful nature of Lake Biwa.
You will be inspired !
Can you imagine starting your day paddling out onto the calm surface of Japan’s largest lake to greet the early morning sunrise?
Join in the fun making rolled sushi and melon bread in a mini-cooking workshop.
Dinner will consist of BBQ'd high-quality local Japanese beef.
The Kayak school is scheduled on the first day and our program is available for beginner Kayakers.
Enjoy fun activities with family and friends!
Group of 2 people and more: 17,200 yen/person
For a single tour: 19,600 yen/person
Kids: 1,000 yen/person will be discounted from adult's price.
Oct. 10-11, 24-25
Nov. 7-8, 21-22
Tour Style- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Programs are offered in English.
Tour participants will meet at BSC at 13:00pm near JR Horai Station, about a 30-minute train ride from Kyoto Station.
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Duration1 night, 2 days
13:30pm Mini-cooking workshop to bake melon bread
14:30pm Setting up tents
16:00pm Kayak experience school, BBQ dinner
Early morning, prepare for Kayak and start paddling
8:00am Breakfast. Tour over. Return.
- Tour participants will meet at BSC at 13:00pm near JR Horai Station, about a 30-minute train ride from Kyoto Station.
- How to get to BSC: Exit JR Horai station+turn left and after 5 minutes walk, near the lakeside, you will see our large BSC sign with a portrait of our founder.
- The Sunrise Kayak Tour begins with an outdoor mini-cooking workshop to make rolled sushi and bake bread while viewing at Lake Biwa. Put the bread dough into the oven and then enjoy practicing Kayaking.
This short Kayaking time builds up a well-earned appetite. When you return to the shore, the bread is baked and ready to eat.
- In the afternoon, you will receive instructions on how to paddle a Kayak at the school. If you have never been in a Kayak before, our certified staff will give you clear instructions and bring you to the sunrise tour the next morning. We use a well-balanced Kayak suitable for 2 persons.
- For dinner at the BBQ patio, enjoy a BBQ with Sushi and your own homemade bread.
After dinner you will have free time until the next morning meeting. Indulge yourself while listening to the quiet sound of the waves. Enjoy drinks and fellowship in our comfortable lounge with a view over the lake.
- The next day, just before daybreak we will board our Kayaks and begin our journey to experience the beauty and majesty of a sunrise over lake Biwa.
Breakfast is at 8:00am on the lakeshore after the Kayak expedition.
- After breakfast, the Sunrise Kayak tour is over.
Basically we have to see you off here. But if you are interested, we will take you to a local shrine on the way back to JR Horai Station.
What's Included- One night stay with two meals, dinner and breakfast
- Sunrise Kayak experience school
- Mini-cooking workshop to make sushi and melon bread
- Bedding ( sleeping bag and mat )
- Fee to use Kayak boat and equipment
- Fee to use the facilities
- Consumption Tax
What's not Included- Transportation to and from JR Horai St.
Tour Tips◆Please bring these items
- Please wear clothes and sneakers which can get wet.
- To prevent an injury, we recommend that you wear shoes covering your toes, NOT BEACH SANDALS.
- Hat and windbreaker to resist wind chill and rain, rain jacket and pants, extra clothes, towel, so on.
- Please bring warm clothes.
1. Please ask us for availability and pricing through ‘contact us’ form below and make sure to write the number of participants and date.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 3 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 11 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 10 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
10 days to 8 days prior to start date of tour in Japan: 20% of total price
7 days to 2 days prior to start date of tour in Japan: 30% of total price
1 day prior to start date of tour in Japan: 40% of total price
On the start date of the tour in Japan, during a tour, or no show: 100 % of total price
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, but we cannot make absolute guarantees! Changes to the itinerary will normally be made to introduce an improvement. Weather conditions, road and transport conditions, and the health of walkers can all contribute to changes. The guide will ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but an easy-going nature is an asset!