KENDO experience -Japanese traditional martial arts-
IntroductionLearn KENDO "Samurai" technique from professional.
In this activity, you will learn how to use "Shinai", the sword used in Kendo, just like real Samurai used to do in Sengoku period.
In the past, all samurai practiced the technique of sword through Kendo with their friends and master everyday.
In this experience, the professional Kendo master will teach you the basics of Kendo.
Contents of this experience
- Wearing armor for KENDO
- Lesson about SAMURAI
- Striking practice
- Match (Combat game)
Price per person: 23,200 yen
Kendo is a modern expression of a traditional Japanese swordsmanship and martial arts that uses bamboo swords as an abstraction the Japanese Katana and wears kendo protective armor which consist of “Men” (head protector), “Kote” (arm protector), “Dou” (abdomen protector) and “Tare” (lower body protector).
Kendo originates in early 17th century as a part of traditional swordsmanship training call Shinai uchikomi geiko to enable practitioner to hit and practice without reservation and fear of injuring others or hesitation.
The use of Kendo protector and bamboo sword creates a platform for cross training and duel between each different school during those early periods, and it is cross pollination between different schools which creates a standardized set of techniques and etiquette.
* Please let us know if you were also interested in visiting real Japanese sword craftsman, and dinner at Samurai themed restaurant.
Tour StyleProgram is offered in English.
Meeting Place: JR Uguisudani station
*Meeting point is subjected to change to Shibuya, Ayase or Shinkiba depending on the number of participants.
Starting time: 10AM or 1PM or 4PM
Group SizeMin. 2 persons
Max. 100 persons
What's Included- Professional guide/instructor
- Rental of Kendo armor and equipment
- Free mineral water
- Free Japanese hand towel
What's not Included- Transportation fee
- Hotel pick up and drop off
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 7 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 7 days and 4 days: 30% of the program charge
- 3 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.