Kiyomizu-yaki Pottery Workshop in Kyoto (optional Wheel Throwing)
IntroductionKiyomiuzu-yaki (Kiyomizu-ware) is one of great traditional crafts in Kyoto. Kiyomizu-yaki has developed from the Japanese tea ceremony and has supported Kyoto's tradition in various ways. This program allows you to observe Kiyomizu-yaki making process by master craftsmen.
Highlights-Observe techniques of pottery masters.
-Direct communication with Kiyomizu-yaki pottery master
-(Option) Experience Wheel Throwing
You'll visit a pottery workshop located in Kiyomizu-yaki Danchi in Kyoto's Yamashina area, a region known for its Kiyomizu-yaki and Kyo-yaki ceramics.
This house is well known for its kiln as it has extraordinary earthenware’s color which deepens over time.
Their ceramics are acknowledged and beloved around the world. You'll be guided carefully by one of pottery masters.
Have fun while being guided whole process at one of the foremost producer of Kiyomizu-yaki. After the visit, you'll have a chance to see many beautiful Kiyomizuyaki wares and you can enjoy shopping.
If you wish, you can try wheel throwing after having detailed explanations from the master (different price).
Price per personWorkshop visit
1 person: 23,500 yen
2 persons: 12,500 yen
3 persons: 9,000 yen
4 persons or more: 7,000 yen
Workshop visit + Pottery Throwing Experience
1 person: 62,000 yen
2 persons: 33,700 yen
3 persons: 27,400 yen
4 persons: 24,200 yen
Tour Style- There may be other participants.
- Pottery master speaks only Japanese, interpreter hiring is necessary.
Group SizeWorkshop visit:
Min. 1 person
Max. 25 persons
Workshop visit+Pottery Throwing:
Min. 1 person
Max. 4 persons
DurationWorkshop visit only: 90-120 minutes
Pottery Throwing experience: plus 90-120minutes
Visit during 9:00am-4:00pm
Meeting PointYour staying hotel in Kyoto city or Karasuma subway-line Gojo station Exit 1
Operating DayAll year around
What's included-Workshop visit
-Transportation fee in the tour
Other information-Small children may not be accepted. Contact for further information.
-Get dressed properly for those wish to do Wheel Throwing, it might get your dress dirty
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without a charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled before 7 days to 3 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 7 days and 3 day before: 30% of the program charge
- Between 2 days and 1 day before: 50% of the program charge
- On the day of event or no show: 100% of the program charge