Kobe Nada Sake Brewery Tour (From Kyoto)（SWA038）
Start from the main stations, enjoy 6-hour trip to Kobe Sake Brewery district, the biggest Sake district in Japan. Visiting two sake breweries and a restaurant which uses sake brewery building, and enjoy walking through the riverside.
26,700 yen for 1 person
17,200 yen for 2 persons
14,000 yen for 3 persons
12,400 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 4,600 yen/person
- Tour Style
- This is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
JR Kyoto Station
- Group Size
- 1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
- 7 hours
- Tour Itinerary
- 9:00 start
JR Kyoto Station → walk along Sumiyoshi river → Sakuramasamune (lunch) → Kikumasamune → Hakutsuru → the old site of well → Ishiyagawa Station
The river flows from the Rokko mountain of 900 meters above sea level and so the flow is very steep. Locals used this steep stream to mill brown rice for sake producing. There once were many undershot wheels.
Founded in the 17th century in the neighbor city, but this brewery moved to this place in search of good quality water. It claims the first name of “Masamune” from the Buddhist sutra. Since then, other breweries started naming Masamune to their sake. You can enjoy food cooked by sake and sake lees and free sake tasting.
This brewery was the first producer to deliver sake to Edo, now Tokyo in the 18th. The name of “Nada” sake began to be well known among people since then. It used the microscope to establish the modern brewing system in the 19th century. Exhibits are well arranged and follow the flow, and you can see the process of sake making. Free sake tasting is provided.
Founded in the 18th, Hakutsuru has many breweries and one of the biggest sake companies in Japan. Among the modern breweries there is the traditional big roofed museum. There you can see each step of the sake production by the monitor screen provided in English. After free sake tasting, enjoy photo time to wear Happy coat and aprons which craftsmen wore in those days
◆The old site of the well
In the local park, you can see the old site of sake water well. For the premium sake, high quality water is needed, and the spring water coming from under the Rokko mountains contains minerals and the best for the sake production. Thereused to be water wells and you could see them, but now each brewery strictly controls them.
As well as Sumiyoshi river, this river also starts from the Rokko mountain and the flow is very steep. The name of this river comes from stonemasons who lined up the river. Enjoy walking the riverside, and imagine the time when people were busy at brewing sake there.
- What's Included
- Guiding fee, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
- What's not Included
- Cost of meal and sightseeing activities
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants and date, and time.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.
Kobe Beef & Night View of Kobe Tour（SWA0...
Because of its limited amount, Kobe beef has ...
"Himeji Castle", world heritage. Samurai Worl...
Though being built as a fortress to fight, Hi...
Arima Hot Spring Walking Tour (From Kyoto)（SW...
Start from Kyoto/Osaka, enjoy 6～7-hour trip t...
Kobe Sannomiya Motomachi Tour B（SWA041）
In this tour, you’ll enjoy Kobe Harbor cruise...
Osaka Shopping a half day Tour (SWA036)
Shopping and strolling tour around Dotonbori ...