Kobe Sannomiya Motomachi Tour A（SWA040）
In this tour, you’ll have a view of Kobe city from the top of the mountains and also from the sea, enjoy walking around the streets with an exotic atmosphere and shop around the famous shopping districts. We use City Loop Bus. After the tour is over, you can be taken to a very popular Izakaya restaurant where you can enjoy both reasonable food and liquor if you like (the guide will leave after taking care of your ordering dishes).
Price per person
29,900 yen for 1 person
21,300 yen for 2 persons
18,500 yen for 3 persons
17,000 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 7,700 yen/person
- Tour Style
- This is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
JR Sannomiya Station (just the outside of West Ticket Gate)
- Group Size
- 1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
- 8 hours
- Tour Itinerary
- 9:00 start
JR Sannomiya Station→Nunohiki Ropeway & Herb Garden→Kitano (former residential area of foreigners)→Ikuta Shinto Shrine→Sannomiya Center Street→China Town＆Motomachi Shopping Street→Cruise→Harbor Land or Former Foreign Settlement→JR Sannnomiya Station (→Izakaya if you like)
◆Nunohiki Herb Garden and Ropeway
It takes only 10 min to the Mountain Top Station by ropeway. From a wide window, you can see the mountains with a lot of trees, Nunohiki waterfall, the streets of Kobe and Kobe Port and so on. There’re herbs and flowers of 2,000 kinds.
It’s a town originating from the old residential area for foreign residents when Kobe International Port was opened in 1868. There’re some Western-styled houses established around 1900, shops and restaurants with an exotic atmosphere and so on. You can walk to Ikuta Shinto Shrine, going down the slope.
◆Ikuta Shinto Shrine
Located in the center of Kobe City, it is a time-honored and popular Shinto Shrine considered as the tutelary of Kobe citizens. The city’s name “kobe” comes from “kanbe” meaning people taking care of the shrine.
◆Sannomiya Central Shopping Street
It’s at 2 minutes’ walk from Sannomiya Station. It runs from Flower Road to Koikawa Street, connecting the busy areas around Sannomiya and Motomachi. You can enjoy shopping of various items along this street topped with a high transparent roof.
There’re about 100 shops in the area, 200 meters from east to west and 110 meters from north to south. It’s one of the 3 China Towns in Japan. There’re food stands selling sweets, food and souvenirs on the streets which are crowded with local shoppers and visitors especially on weekends.
◆Motomachi Shopping Street
It spans 1.2 km from near Daimaru Department Store (east) to near JR Kobe Station (west). This street prospered as the busiest shopping street in Kobe before Sannomiya Central Shopping Street took its place by being developed in a postwar recovery program after the endo of WWⅡ.
At present, 2 kinds of cruise boats going around the Kobe Harbor are available. They’re “Kobe Bay Cruise” and “Fantasy,” and go around the harbor for about 45 min. You can see the docks of Kawasaki Heavy industries and Mitshubishi Heavy Industries in the west. If you’re lucky, you can also see submarines of Self Defense Force.
A shopping facility near the waterfront of Kobe port opened in 1992, using where there used to be a JR station and factories of Kawasaki Heavy Industries. At present it is crowded with shoppers and visitors to “umie” or “Mosaic.” The ports of the Kobe Port Cruise ships are close.
◆Former Foreign Settlement
Since 1868 when Kobe Port was opened to 1899, foreigners were allowed to have extraterritorial rights in this area south of Ikuta Shinto Shrine (up to the sea). They had a superb city planning with which the area was divided with 126 sections orderly, giving an exotic atmosphere as if they were in the Western World. Now it’s said that area is most sophisticated in Kobe” after re-appreciation and renovation program of the old buildings around there took place from around the 1990’s.
- What's Included
- Guiding fee, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
- What's not Included
- Cost of meal and sightseeing activities
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants and date.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.
Kobe Beef & Night View of Kobe Tour（SWA0...
Because of its limited amount, Kobe beef has ...
"Himeji Castle", world heritage. Samurai Worl...
Though being built as a fortress to fight, Hi...
Arima Hot Spring Walking Tour (From Osaka)（SW...
Start from Kyoto/Osaka, enjoy 6～7-hour trip t...
Horyuji Temple Tour (From Osaka) (SWA048）
Horyuji Temple is well known as the oldest wo...
Kobe Nada Sake Brewery Tour (From Osaka)（SWA0...
Start from the main stations, enjoy 6-hour tr...