Koudo Japanese Incense Ceremony Experience in Tokyo
◆What is Koudo?
Koudo is the art of appreciating Japanese incense, and involves using incense within a structure of codified conduct.
Koudo includes all aspects of the incense process, from the tools to activities such the incense-comparing games kumikō and genjiko.
It is counted as one of the three classical Japanese arts of refinement, along with kado for flower arrangement, and Sado for tea and the tea ceremony.
It is said to have ten physical and psychological/spiritual benefits or virtues.
Fragrances are divided into 5 types; sweet, bitter, spicy hot, sour, and salty.
- Group Size
- Min. 4 persons
Max. 15 persons
- 90 min.
- Tour Itinerary
- At your requested timing between 10AM and 4PM.
Name: Yanesen Tourist Information &Culture Centre.
Address: Yanaka3-13-7, Taitou-Ku , Tokyo, 110-0001
[JR (Yamanote Line)] Nippori Station Exit the North Gate, West Exit (for Yanaka). 12min on foot.
[Subway (chiyoda Line)] Sendagi Station Exit #2 5 min. on foot.
- What's Included
- -Lesson fee
- What's not Included
- -Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal/bitcoin. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 days will incur 100% of the program charge.
- For cooking program, please inform us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
Tea Ceremony (Sado) Experience in Tokyo
Sado, the tea ceremony is one of the tradutio...
Flower Arrangement (Ikebana) Experience in To...
Literally, Ikebana means ‘flowers kept alive’...
Calligraphy (Shodo) Experience. Learn Kanji c...
In Shodo, ‘’the way of writing’’, you will le...
Japanese Food Cooking and Table Manner Learni...
Unique opportunity to experience Japanese sty...
Iai-do Japanese Sword Technique Learning in T...
Japanese Swordsmanship. I = Being, Ai = Enco...
Wadaiko - Japanese Taiko Drumming Lesson in T...
Try your hand at this dynamic form of Japanes...