Koyasan & Mt. Koya Two-days Tour from Osaka (SWA045)
Danjo means a platform for religious practice on which there is 19 Garan and Halls that were made by the initiatives of Kukai, based on the mandala. These monastic complexes are collectively called “Danjo Garan”, which is one of the great three complexes. Among them, Fudodo is the oldest building in Koyasan, designated as a National treasure.
Okunoin is the special holy place in Koyasan. Gobyo, Kukai’s mausoleum and Torodo, lantern Temple are located after 2km path leading from Ichinohashi to the main mausoleum. More than 200, 000 grave stones from emperor’s family to military commanders stand in lines between the trees. Night tour from the temple lodging is such an experience to sweep away worldly sins by clear air and quietness.
It is a headquarters of 4,000 Shingon sect branch temples nationwide. Magnificent pictures by historically famous artists decorate the rooms, A huge roof with thatched cypress bark built at the end of Edo period, the largest stone garden with 2,340㎡ and other interesting sights.
◆The Reihokan Museum
Koyasan is known as the treasure house of Esoteric Buddhism arts. Reihokan serves as a museum storing 50,000 items including 21national treasures and 142 important cultural assets. People’s devotion toward Koyasan and passion to embody Esoteric Buddhism thought can be felt in this museum.
It is a symbol of barrier to restrict entry at the general gate of the whole mountain of Koya. Daimon was burned down several times, so the present gate was reconstructed in 1705. The brilliant vermillion gate looks beautiful with deep green forest. The view from the gate is magnificent.
Ekoin is the actual temple, so you can experience the morning service, fire ritual of esoteric Buddhism etc. The garden view and voluminous Syojin cuisine (Buddhist vegetarian dish) make your stay omfortable. A night tour to Okunoin is popular conducted by a young priest in English.
This course is a 2-day tour to visit Koyasan, UNESCO Cultural Heritage site. Koyasan is a sacred site for Shingon school of Esoteric Buddhism, located at the summit of a densely forested mountain. Please feel the long-held mysterious world deep in the mountain and see the most outstanding example of Buddhism arts in Japan. Guests can enjoy Shojin Ryori, Buddhist vegetarian dish, Attend Buddhist ceremonies, morning service & fire ritual at Shukubo, temple accommodation.
Price per person
89,000 yen for 1 person
66,800 yen for 2 persons
59,300 yen for 3 persons
55,600 yen for 4 persons
Tour StyleThis is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Pick up at your hotel in Osaka
(The picking-up applicable hotels are limited to the hotels within 30 minutes from JR Osaka Station. If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.)
Group Size1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
Tour Itinerary8:00am start
What's IncludedGuiding fee, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee, Accommodation Expenses
What's not IncludedCost of meal and sightseeing activities
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants, date, and time (for private program).
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.