"Kuroyu Onsen" traditional SPA that remains until today
It is an inn located in the depths most in Nyuto hot-spring villages. There is the tradition from the Edo era here. There is the source beside an inn and can watch the spout of the hot spring. It is comfortable to massage with hot water.
One of the signature features of this onsen, whose name translates as "black onsen," is its black hard-boiled eggs. Fresh eggs are placed in nets and submerged in the onsen's hot spring source to boil. After the eggs sit in the sulfurous onsen water, the hard-boiled eggs turn black on the outside from the chemical reactions. The egg on the inside remains white, and the hard-boiled eggs are said to not spoil for a long time because of the minerals that help kill bacteria. This directly translates into what Kuroyu believes the onsen can do to help the body.
Hanare with a thatched roof is located about 100m away from the main building, which was built in 1964 when Takamatsunomiya, emperor family, stayed for Spring skiing.
*Food, towel, and Yukata wearing is not included. Food is available at an additional fee and served in the main building. Also, it included Yukata wearing, towel and toothbrush.
◆Option (3 days advance reservation is required)
・Kiritanpo hot pot (with hinai chicken): 4,000 yen for two persons
・Hinai chicken hot pot: 3,000 yen for two persons
・Char bone flavored sake: 1 cup 1,200 yen 2 cup 1,650 yen
One night stay with dinner, breakfast, yukata, towels, and toothbrush.
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants, date, and time (for private program).
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you. Payment
- Program fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date. (br /> Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges: (br /> - Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 3 business days prior to the program date.