Kyoto Bonsai, Toji Temple, & Fushimi Inari Shrine（SWA025）
It’s located in the residential area 700 meter from the west gate of Toji temple. There’re a lot of small-sized Bonsai of various kinds, and you can enjoy looking at them closely. Every month, Bonsai class is held there.
There were only 2 Buddhist temples in Kyoto City when the capital was created in 794 and Toji is one of these. It still remains at the same place, having witnessed the 1200 years of the history of Kyoto. It has been designated as a world cultural heritage site. It’s a head-temple of Esoteric Buddhism brought from China by Kukai, an eminent monk. It has gorgeous buildings and statues. On the 21th, there’s a monthly fair called “Kobo-san.”
◆Fushimi Inari Shrine
Traditionally, Inari Shrine was reserved as the deity of agriculture, which was the center of prayers for good harvests. Today the deity of Fushimi Inari is also known for its kami of business where people pray for prosperous businesses. The Fushimi Inari Shrine is the headquarters of 30,000 Inari shrines in the nation. In Shintoism, it is believed that kami, nature and humans coexist harmoniously. Passing through thousands of vermilion colored tori gates, a long path will lead you to a mountain of mystery, Mt.Inari. It attracts attention from overseas tourists, too.
This is a tour going around the southern vicinity of Kyoto station. You can enjoy traditional Japanese culture for half a day, listening to your guide. First you visit “Koju-en” with a lot of small-sized Bonsai, and then Toji Buddhist temple, a head temple of Esoteric Buddhism. It’s one of the oldest temples in Kyoto and has been designated as a World Cultural heritage site. The last place you visit is Fushimi Inari Shrine with 1000 vermillion Torii gates. You can touch the old Kyoto!
Price per person
17,200 yen for 1 person
12,100 yen for 2 persons
10,400 yen for 3 persons
9,600 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 4,200 yen/person
Tour StyleThis is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Pick up at your hotel in Kyoto
(The picking applicable hotels are limited to the hotels between Higashi-oji-dori and Nishi-oji-dori (to the east and west) and Imadegawa-dori and Jujo-dori(to the north and south). If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.)
Group Size1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
Tour Itinerary9:00 start
Your hotel→Koju-en→Toji Temple(Taishi-do, Kon-do, Koh-do, 5-storied pagoda)→Fushimi Inari Shrine
What's IncludedGuiding fee, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
What's not IncludedCost of meal and sightseeing activities
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants, date, and time (for private program).
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.