Kyoto Fish Market Walking & Sushi Making Program (SWA011)
Explore Kyoto Central Wholesale Market with our government-licensed guide. After enjoying shopping various fish including fresh tuna from the market, you will have a chance to learn how to make three kinds of sushi.
Price per person
30,500 yen for 1 person
22,300 yen for 2 persons
19,500 yen for 3 persons
18,200 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 8,400 yen/person
- Tour Style
- This is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Pick up at your hotel in Kyoto
(The picking applicable hotels are limited to the hotels between Higashi-oji-dori and Nishi-oji-dori (to the east and west) and Imadegawa-dori and Jujo-dori(to the north and south). If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.
- Group Size
- 1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
- 5 hours
- Tour Itinerary
- 8:00am start
Pick up at hotel -> Kyoto Fish Market -> Sushi Making and Sushi Party
◆Kyoto Fish Market Walk
Kyoto has been a center for Japanese food culture, where an unique Kyoto cuisine have been produced through events such as tea ceremonial occasions. In Michelin guide 2011 in Kyoto, seven restaurants were awarded three-star the number of which comes right after Tokyo. Kyoto Central Wholesale Market plays an important role as "The Kitchen of Kyoto" since the inauguration in 1927 as the first central wholesale market in Japan. Our government licensed guide will escort participants around the market, safely in a small group, exploring both the vegetable and fruit areas plus the impressive seafood section. Guests on this experience will also enjoy browsing in various kinds of shops selling all manner of ingredients from fish to vegetables and nori (dried seaweed), plus in the outer market participants can shop for dried goods and kitchen utensils.
After buying various ingredients, participants will visit a private house. The guide will give you information about Japanese culture and everyday life in Kyoto during transfer by public transportation.
The sushi making will be instructed in detail by the guide who is also practiced on sushi-making. Learn to prepare "maki sushi" (rolled sushi), "gunkan maki" (sushi rice wrapped with a strip of seaweed and topped with soft ingredients), and "nigiri sushi" (sushi rice topped with a slice of raw fish). The beautiful sushi designs created are sure to delight and will appeal to guests of all ages, especially children. You will surely cherish this rare and precious experience as a great souvenir in your trip in Kyoto!
After making sushi and arranging them beautifully, it's time for a sushi party and to enjoy eating together.
Following the tour participants may take with them the utensils used in the cooking lesson. Impress your family and friends with your new sushi making skills by throwing a sushi party at home – the perfect Japanese souvenir!
Our guide will take you back to the nearest subway station, or to the nearest bus stop, in order to provide the customer an easy access to the hotel or to the next destination.
- What's Included
- Guiding fee, Lunch, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
- What's not Included
- Cost of meal and sightseeing activities
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants and date.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.
Kyoto Stunning Zen Gardens & the Golden ...
This course highlights two UNESCO Cultural He...
Kimono Dressing in Kyoto & Strolling His...
The kimono is the representative traditional ...
Ohara, the Serenity Nunneries Course, Kyoto ...
In this tour, you walk and visit three Gisha ...
Kyoto Nishiki Market & Teramachi Street ...
Approximately 130 shops like fish, vegetable,...
Kyoto Tofukuji, Zazen, & Fushimi Inari S...
Built in the 13th century, Tofukuji Temple ha...