Kyoto Nishiki Market & Teramachi Street Shopping（SWA024）
If you need a break from temple hopping, Nishiki Market is a great place to visit. Located in the center of the town, Nishikikoji-dori, 400 meters long, is a street lined with around 130 shops selling Kyoto's specialties, such as Kyoto vegetables, dried and pickled foods, fish, and more. That's why it is called "the kitchen of Kyoto". The variety of foods on display is staggering and the frequent cries of Irashaimase (Welcome!) are heart-warming.
◆Yuba（ｓoya ｍilk) Senmaruya
Yuba (soya milk) Senmaruya is a soya milk shop with a history of 210 years.
A soya milk is not only used for home cooking in Kyoto, but also used for Shojin ryori (vegetarian dish) or Kaiseki ryori (traditional Japanese meal brought in courses) It is possible to watch video of work process and listen to explanation.
◆Nishiki Tenmangu Shrine
Nishiki Tenmangu Shrine is located near the end of Nishiki Market which intersects Teramachi Kyogoku Shopping Street. It is good to rest for a while because there is springwater in a small precinct. Sugawarano Michizane is enshrined for grace of academics and business.
◆Teramachi Kyogoku Street
The traditional Japanese culture remains on this street such as a woodblock painting shop “Daishodo”. On the east side of Teramachi Street, a new road was built after they arranged precincts of temples. Souvenirs shops, restaurants and fashion shops are mixed on this street.
The street is an arcade containing an assortment of shops and services, both traditional such as Kyukyodo, an incense burner shop, old books shops etc. and modern shops. The street’s name literally means “Temple Town”. It reflects the large number of temples moved there during Toyotomi Hideyoshi’s remodeling of Kyoto in the 16th C.
Approximately 130 shops like fish, vegetable, pickles, tea, cooking utensils etc. are lined within 390 M east-west arcade on Nishiki Market. At the end of street, Tenmangu Shrine is located for grace of academics and business. At Teramachi Kyogoku Shopping Street with traditional shops & modern shops, you can enjoy shopping and dining.
Price per person
14,700 yen for 1 person
9,600 yen for 2 persons
7,900 yen for 3 persons
7,000 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 2,700 yen/person
Tour StyleThis is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Pick up at your hotel in Kyoto
(The picking applicable hotels are limited to the hotels between Higashi-oji-dori and Nishi-oji-dori (to the east and west) and Imadegawa-dori and Jujo-dori(to the north and south). If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.)
Group Size1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
Tour Itinerary9:00 start
Your hotel→Nishiki Market→Nishiki Tenmangu→Teramachi Kyogoku Shopping Street→Teramachi Street
What's IncludedGuiding fee, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
What's not IncludedCost of meal and sightseeing activities
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants and date.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Credit Cards. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.