Kyoto: Sake Brewery & Mini Cruise One Day（SWA010）
Introduction◆Fushimi - Inari Shrine
Fushimi - Inari Shrine is the headquarters of the30,000 - 40,000 Inari shrines nationwide. It is the center for the belief in spiritual benefits that can be gained through observance of Buddhist teaching.
Visitors to the shrine enter through a vermillion colored torii gate to the precinct and the main hall.
Visitors pray for health while passing through the senbon-torii, the thousands of torii gates, which lining the approach behind the main hall. During the New Year season, Fushimi-Inari shrine is the most popular destination in the Kansai area.
Visitor's eyes are immediately attracted to the unique temple gate and the crimson earthen walls surrounding the temple. The picturesque atmosphere creates an almost mystical aura. The main Buddhist statue of this temple , Benzaiten, the Goddess of eloquence, music, and art. , is usually kept hidden from the public. It is said that this statue of Benzaiten has been revered as a wonder-working deity for improving a person's speech and artistic abilities, protecting against misfortune, and increasing wealth.. Unique fortune telling paper slits are available at this temple, so drawing is recommended.
◆Boat tour with traditional Japanese style boat
Visitors can cruise the canals of Fushimi on a traditional Japanese-style boat called a jukkokubune. As visitors tour the Fushimi District, they can see large four-hundred-year-old merchant houses and sake brewers' warehouses on the banks of the canal. A calm and steady breeze welcomes all to this wonderful boat tour.
◆Sake cellars and breweries (Gekkeikan, Shinsei, and Kizakura)
The Fushimi district is known for its abundant, clear, and rich subterranean mineral water. With such ideal water for brewing Japanese sake, the sake brewing industry has flourished in Fushimi for a long time. Some major sake breweries, such as Gekkeikan, and Kizakura still stand in Fushimi district today, especially along the canal in the district. Shall we stroll through the town of sake cellars and famed water?
◆Sake Tasting (Optional)
"Ginjo Shubo Aburacho",a sake tavern located at the corner of a shopping street, serves all the types of Japanese sake brewed in Fushimi. One popular menu choice features the tasting of three different kinds of Fushimi .made sake. Shall we toast with sake at the end of the tour?
Kyoto has a large cultural legacy coming from its 1200 year-long history. We offer special private tours in Kyoto at affordable costs. Our government-licensed guides will meet you at your hotel, and take you not only to major tourists' spots but also to lesser-known alleys and markets. At the end of the tour, you will agree that the best feature of Kyoto city is the mixture of the new and the old!
Price per person
28,600 yen for 1 person
19,100 yen for 2 persons
15,900 yen for 3 persons
14,300 yen for 4 persons
Tour StyleThis is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Pick up at your hotel in Kyoto
(The picking applicable hotels are limited to the hotels between Higashi-oji-dori and Nishi-oji-dori (to the east and west) and Imadegawa-dori and Jujo-dori(to the north and south). If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.)
Group Size1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
Tour Itinerary9:30 start
Pick up at hote→Fushimi-Inari Shrine→Chokenji Temple→Boat Tour→Sake Cellars and breweries(Sake Tasting (optional))
Tour ItineraryGuiding fee, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
What's not IncludedCost of meal and sightseeing activities
Sake Tasting Fee (optional) : 1,000yen (base rate) + 2,000yen per person participating
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants, date, and time (for private program).
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.