Kyoto Tofukuji, Zazen, & Fushimi Inari Shrine Tour（SWA028）
Built in the 13th century, Tofukuji Temple has the Japan’s largest layout of the Buddhist temple, and four sublime dry landscape gardens that surround the chief abbot hall, or Hojyo. Those gardens were designed by the prominent landscape designer. This temple has many sub-temples, but a few of them open to the public. In the one of them, Shorinji, you practice Zazen, or Zen meditation experience. Afterwards, visit Fushimi Inari Shrine that is the top must-see place in Japan according to Trip Adviser, thanks to its thousands Torii, Shinto gates.
Price per person
17,200 yen for 1 person
12,800 yen for 2 persons
11,300 yen for 3 persons
10,500 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 5,000 yen/person
- Tour Style
- This is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Pick up at your hotel in Kyoto
(The picking applicable hotels are limited to the hotels between Higashi-oji-dori and Nishi-oji-dori (to the east and west) and Imadegawa-dori and Jujo-dori(to the north and south). If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.)
- Group Size
- 1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
- 4 hours
- Tour Itinerary
- 9:00 start
Your hotel→ Shorinji Temple→ Tofukuji →Fushimi Inari Shrine
This temple has Bishamon-ten enshrined as the main object of worship. This is the only place where you can experience Zazen, or meditation practice; and therefore, this temple is very popular. The zen master makes you easier to understand and also explains how to breathe during meditation.
A huge and old Zen Buddhist temple located a stop from JR Kyoto station by JR. It was established as a family temple for the Kujo Family, aristocrats in the middle of the 13th Century. There’re the oldest existing San-mon gate, a lavatory and a meditation created in the 14th or 15th Century. Most of the buildings were burn down in a fire at the endo of the 19th Century, and rebuilt after that. Zen gardens were created by Shigemori Mirei, a famous garden designer, in the 20th Century attached the reconstructed buildings. Autumal foliage is famous, bringing a crowd of visitors.
◆Fushimi Inari Shrine
Traditionally, Inari Shrine was reserved as the deity of agriculture, which was the center of prayers for good harvests. Today the deity of Fushimi Inari is also known for its kami of business where people pray for prosperous businesses. The Fushimi Inari Shrine is the headquarters of 30,000 Inari shrines in the nation. In Shintoism, it is believed that kami, nature and humans coexist harmoniously.
Passing through thousands of vermilion colored tori gates, a long path will lead you to a mountain of mystery, Mt.Inari. It attracts attention from overseas tourists, too.
- What's Included
- Guiding fee, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
- What's not Included
- cost of meal and sightseeing activities
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants and date.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.
Exploring the Heart of Kyoto for a day with a...
Kyoto has a large cultural legacy coming from...
Serene Arashiyama Bamboo Forest a half day to...
Arashiyama is a scenic spot in Kyoto where th...
Kyoto: Sake Brewery & Mini Cruise One Da...
Kyoto has a large cultural legacy coming from...
Kyoto Nishiki Market & Teramachi Street ...
Approximately 130 shops like fish, vegetable,...
Sagano & Arashiyama Historical Tour, Kyo...
Starting from Arashiyama station of the Keifu...