Kyoto Whole Day Private Tour with a guide by Taxi (SWA018)
IntroductionThis tour covers from south to north. Fushimi Inari Shrine which is listed as the most popular Kyoto sightseeing place, popular temples such as Kiyomizu temple, Golden Pavilion & Nijo Castle which registered as World Heritage Sites are spots to visit by taxi effectively.
At the end of the trip, we may encounter Maiko and Geiko at Gion district.
◆Fushimi Inari Shrine
Traditionally, Inari Shrine was reserved as the deity of agriculture, which was the center of prayers for good harvests. Today the deity of Fushimi Inari is also known for its kami of business where people pray for prosperous businesses. The Fushimi Inari Shrine is the headquarters of 30,000 Inari shrines in the nation. In Shintoism, it is believed that kami, nature and humans coexist harmoniously.
Passing through thousands of vermilion colored tori gates, a long path will lead you to a mountain of mystery, Mt.Inari. It attracts attention from overseas tourists, too.
◆Kinkakuji Temple (Golden Pavilion Temple)
Second only to Mt Fuji as Japan's most famous sight, Hokusan Rokuonji Temple is better known as Kinkakuji Temple, or the Golden Pavilion, because of its dazzling gold-covered main hall, that seems to float above the surrounding pond. The three-storied pavilion is covered in gold leaf on the second and third floors and features a bronze phoenix with a gilt impression on top of the roof. The mirror-like reflection of the temple in the pond is extremely photogenic, especially when the maple trees are ablaze in autumn. Their temple is an impressive feat. It is one of the historic monuments of ancient Kyoto, designated as a UNESCO Cultural Heritage site.
This temple predates the foundation of Kyoto and has had millions of pilgrims ever since. It is designated as a UNESCO World Heritage site with over 30 structures, including a huge wooden veranda in front of the main hall that juts out over the cliff and provides you a panoramic view of Kyoto. There is a famous expression: that states "You must jump off the stage of Kiyomizu." It means that you should take the plunge to make your dreams come true.
It was completed by the order of TOKUGAWA Ieyasu in 1603 as the residence of Shogun in Kyoto for administrative purposes. It is the place where the last Shogun announced the restoration of sovereignty to emperor. You can see splendid screen paintings of Kano school.
Gion is the entertainment district beautifully lined with traditional town houses and restaurants, where geisha girls (Geiko) and apprentice geisha girls (Maiko) live and work at night. There’re Ochayas where a party is held inviting them, and Okiyas, special dormitories for them. Nowadays some of them have been turned into restaurants and souvenir shops. You can’t enter an ochaya without anyone who introduces you there, but lately some sightseeing facility is available where you can meet them.
Price per person
76,300 yen for 1 person
47,700 yen for 2 persons
38,200 yen for 3 persons
33,400 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 11,500
Tour StyleThis is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Pick up at your hotel in Kyoto
(The picking applicable hotels are limited to the hotels between Higashi-oji-dori and Nishi-oji-dori (to the east and west) and Imadegawa-dori and Jujo-dori(to the north and south). If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.)
Group Size1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
Tour Itinerary9:00 start
Your hotel→Fushimi Inari Shrine→Kiyomizu Temple→Kinkakuji Temple→Nijo Castle→Gion
What's IncludedGuiding fee, Taxi fee during the tour and from/to hotel, Admission fee
What's not IncludedCost of meal and sightseeing activities
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants and date.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.