Japanese Traditional Lantern Making and Marble Painting
◆What is Chochin
Chochin is the Japanese traditional lighting equpment invented about 1000 years ago.
Before Edo priod, it is used when they have a religious festival and ceremony.
Most of Japanese were not able to buy it due to expensive pricing; however, after Edo priod, thanks to the candle became able to produce in large quantities, a lot of Japanese could buy it and became more popular in Japan.
Nowadays, Japanese display Chochin as a shop sign with writing their store's name.
◆What is Marble painting
Marble painting is one of the Japanese traditional painting technique.
This technique was invented in Japan in 9th century.
Japanese enjoyed making a pattern with dropping ink to the river.
Therefore, the India ink is used in Japanese Marble painting technique.
◆What you will experience
-Chochin lantern making
Make your original Chochin lantern!
The instructor let you write words you like onto Chochin.
Make your marble painting with Japanese paper.
After having marble painting experience, make your original lamp using marble painting.
Bring back two kinds of traditional Japnaese lamps to your home!
12:00am Meet at Kinshicho station
12:20pm Lunch (KaisenDon, bowl of rice with sashimi)
1:00pm-3:00pm Chochin making experience
3:10pm-4:00pm Marble painted lamp making experinence.
4:00pm Tour ends
◆Pricing (per person)
1 person: 25,000 yen
2 persons: 16,300 yen
3 persons: 13,400 yen
4 persons: 11,900 yen
- Tour Style
- -Private tour
-Starting time is 12:00am
-Cut-off time: 1 week
- Group Size
- Min. 1 person
Max. 4 persons
- 4 hours
- Tour Itinerary
- Meeting point: JR line Kinshicho station ticket gate
- What's Included
- -Lesson fee
-Local English guide
-Marble painting lamp
- What's not Included
-Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
- 3 to 1 days prior 50% cancellation fee.
- On that day or no show 100% cancellaction fee.
- Please advise us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.