Learn Shakuhachi - Japanese Traditional Instrument
◆What is Shakuhachi
Shakuhachi are usually made from the bamboo and are extremely versatile instruments.
This richly-toned versatile instrument is used by monks of Zen Buddhism in the practice of ‘suizen’(blowing meditation) and in various other forms of music.
The range of quality in materials to craft bamboo shakuhachi, one can expect to pay from US$300 to US$5,000 for a new or used flute. Because each piece of bamboo is unique, shakuhachi cannot be mass-produced, and craftsmen must spend much time finding the correct bore shape for each individual flute to result in correct pitch over all notes
◆What you will experience
The pfofessional Shakuhachi player will teach you how to play it and history of Shakuhachi.
1 person: 8,000 yen
2 persons and more: 6,500 yen
- Group Size
- Min. 1 person
Max. 15 persons
- 60 min.
- Tour Itinerary
- At your requested timing between 10AM and 4PM.
Name: Yanesen Tourist Information &Culture Centre.
Address: Yanaka3-13-7, Taitou-Ku , Tokyo, 110-0001
[JR (Yamanote Line)] Nippori Station Exit the North Gate, West Exit (for Yanaka). 12min on foot.
[Subway (chiyoda Line)] Sendagi Station Exit #2 5 min. on foot.
- What's Included
- -Lesson fee
-Equipment rental fee
- What's not Included
- -Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal/bitcoin. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 3 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 2 days will incur 100% of the program charge.
- For cooking program, please inform us, in advance, if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
Learn how to play Koto, Japanese traditional ...
Koto is a traditional Japanese traditional mu...
Wadaiko - Japanese Taiko Drumming Lesson in T...
Try your hand at this dynamic form of Japanes...
Koudo Japanese Incense Ceremony Experience in...
◆What is Koudo? Koudo is the art of apprecia...
Flower Arrangement (Ikebana) Experience in To...
Literally, Ikebana means ‘flowers kept alive’...
Try Japanese Ink Painting (Suiboku-ga) in Tok...
Capture the soul of your subject with subtle ...
Japanese Food Cooking and Table Manner Learni...
Unique opportunity to experience Japanese sty...