Make Original Shimenawa the Sacred Rope in Izumo
IntroductionShimenawa is a sacred rope of rice-straw and it is said that it separates a holy place from other unclean places and is considered a barrier against evil spirits. Shimenawa consists of a rice-straw rope and white paper cut in strips.
In this experience, you will make Shimenawa and you can bring it back to your country. The rice-straw, used for this experience is used to used at Izumo-Taisha shrine which is the biggest shrine in Japan.
You will be able to decorate your own Shimenawa and it will be your original one in the world. You can display it in your house or carry it with you to drive away the evilness.
After visiting Izumo-Taisha, please feel more Japanese Shintoism by making your own Shinemawa!
Option 1: Key ring
Price per person: 6,500 yen
Option 2: Shimenawa decoration
Price per person: 7,200 yen
11AM / 2PM / 4PM
Tour StyleThis is join-in tour and there might be other participants
This tour is operated in Japanese but there will be English instruction sheet, and friendly staff will try to communicate
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Max: 10 persons
Duration30 min ~ 40 min
Tour ItineraryPlease be at the facility 10 min prior to your booking time, and it starts
What's Included- Lesson fee
- Shimenawa souvenir
What's not Included- English speaking staff
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 4 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 3 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 2 days and 1 day: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
1 Day Visit Hiroshima and Miyajima with Professional Gu...
1 Day Visit Rabbit Island from Hiroshima with Guide
1 Day Sandankyo Valley Guided Walking Tour from Hiroshi...
Japanese sword (KATANA) forging demonstration in Shiman...
Japanese Sword Cutting (Tameshigiri) Demonstration in S...