Miho Museum and Shigaraki pottery town Tour
IntroductionThe tour will start at the MIHO Museum which is the deep mountains which you will get a taste of the countryside of the densely forested valleys. It will take your breath away when you walk through the beautifully illuminated tunnel and the suspension bridge spanning the hidden valley, you will feel as though you stepped into "Shangri-La" which said to be the legendary Buddhist paradise on earth.
The Miho Museum is famous for its collection of ancient art treasures from Asia, the Middle East and Europe, which consists of those from thousands of years ago.
The museum building was designed by the famous architecture I.M. Pei, to achieve perfect harmony with the natural setting, most of the building is embedded into the ground.
You will stay around this area for about 3 and half hours, including lunch at an on-site organic food restaurant.
After leaving the MIHO Museum you will make your away to the Shigaraki town, home of the world famous "Shigaraki-yaki" (Shigaraki ware). This area is known as Japan's "Six Old Kilns," which has a history of pottery making due to the special clay from the bed of ancient Biwako. You will be taking a stroll around the area, while visiting local pottery artisans, and experiencing only their workshops and galleries but also experiencing the artisan families' daily life.
Price per person:
Group of 1 person: 29,000 yen
Group of 2-3 persons: 20,000 yen
Group of 4-5 persons: 17,500 yen
Group of 6-10 persons: 15,500 yen
Tour Style- There will be an english speaking guide
- This private program date can be arranged upon your request.
Group SizeMinimum 1
DurationStart time 8:30AM End time: 6:30PM
10 hour tour
-Departure from JR Kyoto Station (Train)
-Arrive at JR Ishiyama Station
-Public bus to MIHO Museum
-Taxi ride to Town centre of Shigaraki
-Stroll around the town
-Visit local potters' studios and galleries
-Walk to Shigaraki Station
-Train to JR Kyoto Station (Return)
What's Included- English-speaking tour conductor (licensed guide interpreter)
- Admission fee for MIHO Museum
- Fare for all transportation listed above
- Local tax
What's not Included- Lunch (Order and pay as you like at the lunch venue)
- Beverage unless mentioned.
- Telephone, additional meals and drinks, and any other expenses of personal nature.
- Medical expenses for injuries and illness.
Tour tipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent Credit Card.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through Credit Card. Currently no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without a charge up to 11 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 10 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 10 days and 8 day: 20% of the program charge
- Between 7 days and 2 days: 30% of the program charge
- 1 day prior to the tour date: 40% of the program charge
- Prior to the starting time of the tour: 50% of the program charge
On or after the tour date or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time in JST