Mt. Tachu private trekking tour ~Reach the Granite Obelisk through the ancient Cedar Forest~
Introduction■What is Yakushima?
Yakushima... An island of moss green, a botanical treasury plenty of forests from ancient times, showered forever by the southern heaven, where the islanders live along the vivid cycle of four seasons more intimately than elsewhere in Japan...
This island is not entitled the World Natural Heritage by UNESCO for no reason.
So, we are here to help you know and experience what Yakushima is about!
Enjoy Yakushima field tour with our licensed local guide!
■One of the most entertaining trails in Yakushima!
The course starts from Yakusugi-Land. We trek through the breath-taking ancient cedar forest, and when we get to the peak (1,497m), you will be surprised by a unique giant rock pointing out the sky. The rock called Tenchu-seki (meaning heaven reaching rock) is taller than most buildings you see in the cities. Stand at the bottom of the rock and look it up, it’s amazing!
Also, from the peak, you can enjoy the view of Anbo town and the ocean beyond.
So far, this course is not the first choice for most tourists. Thus, it is not crowded.
If you wish to experience both Yakushima’s ancient forest and mountain climbing, this is it!
■Do you prefer to prepare your meal for the tour on your own?
If "NO", the lunch (also morning for some tour) we offer is Japanese style "Bento" (lunch box) like in the picture gallery: 1. Rice Balls 2. Cooked Burdock 3. Fried Chicken 4. Fried Fish Ball 5. Mackerel 6. Rolled Omellets
- Trekking shoes
- Trekking poles(if needed)
- Rainwear (a set of jacket and pants, no matter what the weather cast says)
- Backpack (enough size to carry what you want/need to take with you)
- Trekking poles (optional)
- Gaiters (optional in case of raining or snowing)
*Above listed gears are available in Yakushima to rent
- Gloves (trekking requires rope-climbing at some parts)
- Soft-shell or fleece (in wintertime) - Thermal underwear (in wintertime)
- Water bottle(water can be refilled on the way)
- Snack (or any portable food to charge your energy)
■Price per person
1 person: 33,400 Yen 2 persons: 23,400 Yen
3 persons: 17,800 Yen
4 persons: 15,000 Yen
Tour Style- This is a private guided tour.
- Program is offered in English.
Meeting Place: Pick-up to your accommodation located between Isso and Kurio area.
*Please let us know in the case your accommodation is located in Nagata area.
Group SizeMin. 1 person
Duration8 to 9 hours
Tour ItineraryStarting time:
Miyanoura (Port): 5:30AM
Onoaida area: 5:30AM
Anbo (Port): 6:00AM
*The exact meeting time will follow after booking.
What's Included- Pick-up
- The entry fee 300 Yen for each required in order to support the maintenance cost of the national park
What's not Included- Beverage
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
- If the tour is cancelled due to the weather condition, no cancellation fee will be charged.
Also, if the weather doesn’t allow your requested tour though you are already in Yakushima, our guides will propose another activity to make up your stay here.
- Otherwise, cancellation within 7 days of the reserved tour date will be charged the full amount of the tour price.
In short, please be as nice as possible not to cancel after your tour date is confirmed.
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, but we cannot make absolute guarantees! Changes to the itinerary will normally be made to introduce an improvement. Weather conditions, road and transport conditions, and the health of walkers can all contribute to changes. The guide will ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but an easy-going nature is an asset!