Experience Nihon Buyo, Traditional Japanese Dance, with Kimono
IntroductionJapanese traditional dance consists of three elements; Mai, Odori and Furi.
Mai comes from Noh-gaku, marked by shuffling walks or slow movement with the solemnity of a song or music on the stage. Mai expresses the inside of a human heart with horizontal movement.
Mai of Noh-gaku has a long history as the performing art entertainment of choice for aristocracy.
Odori is widely used in Japanese festivals. Matsuri is to beat a path with the lilting song or music in wave motions with big gestures. Odori expresses a non-meaningful physical performance. Odori flourished during Edo period.
Furi, which came from Kabuki, shows an expression of daily movements and gestures with song or music. Kabuki contains a strong theatrical factor, and it also flourished the Edo period.
Today, there are more than 200 different types of Japanese traditional dance.
Why don’t you try getting in touch with Nihon Buyo that is the basis for all Japanese dances?
And let’s join Japanese festivals (Matsuri) in each region of Japan!
Price per person
With kimono wearing: 9,100 yen
Without kimono: 5,100 yen
Special offer for Thursday: With kimono wearing 4,600 yen per person (6-7:30PM)
Please inform us on following information at the time of booking: gender, height, weight, nationality
Tour StyleThis is a cultural experience program.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Program is offered in English.
Meeting place: Sekiguchi-Bldg 1F, 21 Aizumi-cho, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo
*Special offer for Thursday: 2-25-4 Higashinihonbashi, Chuo-ku, Tokyo
Group Size1 to 30 persons
*1 hour for "without kimono" option
Tour ItineraryDoor opens at 10:45am
11:00am-1:00pm Traditional Japanese dance lesson and Kimono experience
Without kimono wearing option
Door open at 11:45am
12:00am-1:00pm Traditional Japanese dance lesson
*Special offer for Thursday: 6:00pm-7:30pm
What's Included- Lesson fee
- Rental fee of Kimono
What's not Included- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation to/from meeting place
Tour TipsBooking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 1 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal website. (Credit card accepted)
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
Reservations may be cancelled without a charge up to 8 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 7 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 7 days and 3 day: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- 1 day before or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time in JST