7 days Nikko and Nasu Hiking Tour with a Guide
This is a guided hiking tour for 7 days. Explore Nikko, the sacred land of the mountain faith, and Chuzenji-ko lake with a vis t to Mt. Nash. Our bilingual professional hiking guide will accompany with your group.
Until Edo period of time, Nikko was known for a training area for Yamabushi (warrior priest).
During Edo period, Nikko became one of an ordinance-designated cities for great Shogun (General) Ieyasu Tokugawa, Nikko became popular as a temple area.
As of today, since the Imperial Villa is located in Nasu, Nasu district is known as a royal resort
Mt. Nasu including surrounded mountains is an active volcanic and thus, there are a number of onsen, hot spring, located in this region.
Join our hiking tour to explore historical and deep related mountain sites where Ieyasu Tokugawa spent time.
Enjoy great nature of spectacular mountains and beautiful Chuzenji-ko lake!
Starting place: Asakusa station in Tokyo
*Tour concludes at Tokyo station
*The guide will pick you up at the accommodation in Nikko on the second day.
Price (per person) : Please contact us for pricing detail.
- Tour Style
- - Please contact us for tour details and other requests.
- Please note that there may be other participants.
- Program is offered in English.
- Tour Level
- Physical fitness: ★★☆
- Group Size
- Min. 2 persons
Max. 8 persons
- 7 days
- Tour Itinerary
- ◆Day 1 (Meal is not included)
-Move to Nikko and leave your luggage at the accommodation.
-Go explore Nikko including world heritage of Toshogu strine and Rinno-ji temple.
-Enjoy the beauty of great nature as well as the history of ancient shrine of Nikko.
◆Day 2 (Dinner is included. Lunch available at 1,000 yen)
-Move to Chuzenji-ko lake and enjoy hiking for 5 hours including lunch break
-Stay at the accommodation which has a spectacular view of the mountain.
-Chuzenji-ko lake was created by the eruption of Mt. Nantai and its size of one lap is about 25km. (9 hours walking)
This lake was a training place for monk in the past, but today, this lake became one of the most famous sightseeing spots in Japan.
◆Day 3 (Breakfast and dinner are included)
-Hiking in Oku-Nikko, the deep local area which has dynamic scenery of the nature (3 hours)
-Have a lunch at local hot spring area and explore beautiful vast wetlands. (2 hours)
Visit beautiful waterfall and lake, and let's relax at the mystical land.
◆Day 4 (Breakfast and dinner included)
-Take a private vehicle from Nikko to Utsunomiya city.
-Visit a long-established tatami store with a history of over 100 years and observe the tatami making process.
(Soba making or Ayu catching are available for the lunch) *Depends on the season.
-Visit a fantastic quarry trail.
◆Day 5 (Breakfast and Dinner are included)
-Hike the Mt. Nasu and go to the top to visit a secret Onsen, hot spring. Then move to the mountain hut.
◆Day 6 (Breakfast and Dinner are included)
-Traverse Mt. Sanbon-yari and Mt. Asahi (3hours and half)
-Hike the mountain towards Sikanoyu, hot spring (After taking lunch time) (3hours and half)
◆Day 7 (Breakfast is included)
-Move to Tokyo station led by the guide
After having a wonderful time in the historical nature, enjoy modern side of Japan in Tokyo.
- What's Included
- - Guiding fee
- Transportation fee in the tour
- Accommodation fee
- Admission fee
- What's not Included
- - Transportation fee to the meeting point
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please contact us for availability through ‘BOOK IT’ button below.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business day.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Fees shall be paid through credit card/Paypal. You do not need to have a paypal account to pay with your credit card.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 21 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 20 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
20 days to 8 days prior to start date of tour in Japan: 20% of total price
7 days to 2 days prior to start date of tour in Japan: 30% of total price
1 day prior to start date of tour in Japan: 40% of total price
On the start date of the tour in Japan, during a tour, or no show: 100 % of total price
*Time is in JST.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Every effort will be made to keep to the above itinerary, but we cannot make absolute guarantees! Changes to the itinerary will normally be made to introduce an improvement. Weather conditions, road and transport conditions, and the health of walkers can all contribute to changes. The guide will ensure that the trip runs according to plan, but an easy-going nature is an asset!
"Kappabashi Tool Street" with tool shops is a...
Kappabashi tool street is Japan's larges...
Street Performers in Asakusa, known as town o...
When walking around Asakusa, you may encounte...
"Oya stone" underground quarry site
Can you believe this is in underground? Th...
'Iriyama Senbei' The oldest Senbei (rice crac...
This shop is 'Iriyama Senbei' that ...