Osaka Fish Market Walking & Sushi Making Lesson (SWA012)
Explore Osaka Central Wholesale Market with our government licensed guide. After enjoying shopping various fish including fresh tuna at the market, you will have a chance to learn how to make three kinds of sushi.
Price per person
30,500 yen for 1 person
22,300 yen for 2 persons
19,500 yen for 3 persons
18,200 yen for 4 persons
Kids （age 6-11）: 8,400 yen
- Tour Style
- This is a short trip program.
- Some programs are not conducted on daily basis. Please ask us for availability first.
- Programs are offered in English, but other languages may be available. Please ask us for your desired language.
Pick up at your hotel in Osaka
(The picking-up applicable hotels are limited to the hotels within 30 minutes from JR Osaka Station. If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged..)
- Group Size
- 1~4 persons *Please ask us if your groups is 5 persons or more.
- 5 hours
- Tour Itinerary
- 7:30am start
Pick up at hotel→Osaka Fish Market→Sushi Making and Sushi Party
◆Osaka Fish Market Walk
Osaka Wholesale Market, the market dealing fresh food and products for Osaka residents, was originally begun around the 16th century when Osaka Castle was built. Since its foundation, the market has been prosperous as 'The Country's Kitchen'. This year it celebrates the 80th anniversary of its foundation, with an area that is 8 times that of Koshien Baseball Park, 320,000 ㎡, making it one of the largest wholesale food markets in Japan.
When it dawns, several thousands tons of food stuffs from all over Japan and from abroad, are dealt within around 2 hours. Our government licensed guide will escort participants around market, safely in a small group, mainly looking over the fish market which has 180 intermediate wholesalers to handle fresh fish. Outside the market, the shops which sell vegetables, fruit, pickles and other ingredients can be visited if you like.
After purchasing tuna and other ingredients, participants will visit a private residence. The guide will give you information about Japanese culture and everyday life in Osaka during transfer by public transportation.
The sushi making will be explained and instructed easily and clearly by the guide who is well acquainted with sushi-making. Learn to prepare "maki sushi"(rolled sushi), "gunkan maki"(sushi rice wrapped with a strip of seaweed and topped with soft ingredients) and "nigiri sushi"(sushi rice topped with a slice of raw fish). The beautiful sushi designs created are sure to delight and appeal to guests of all ages, especially children.
After making sushi and arranging them beautifully, it's time for a sushi party and to enjoy eating together.
Following the tour, participants may take with them the utensils used in the cooking lesson. Impress your family and friends with your new sushi making skills by throwing a sushi party at home – the perfect Japanese souvenir!
Our guide will take you to the nearest station in order to provide the customer an easy access to the hotel or to the next destination.
- What's Included
- Guiding fee, Lunch, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
- What's not Included
- Cost of meal and sightseeing activities
- Tour Tips
- Booking process
1. Please ask us for availability through ‘contact us’ form and make sure to write the number of participants and date.
2. We will check the availability and come back to you within 2 business days.
3. Payment request will be sent via Paypal.
4. Reservation is done upon receiving your payment. Confirmation e-mail will be sent to you.
- Program fees shall be paid through Paypal. Currently, no other payment method is accepted.
Reservations may be cancelled without charge up to 15 days prior to the program date.
Reservations cancelled less than 14 days before the program date will incur the following charges:
- Between 14 days and 3 days: 20% of the program charge
- 2 days in advance: 50% of the program charge
- Less than a day or no show: 100% of the program charge
*Time is in JST.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard of the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate and is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without prior notice.
- Please advise us if there are any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or any case where special care is needed when you ask us for availability.
- Deadline for booking a program is 5 business days prior to the program date.
Osaka Kaiyu-kan Aquarium Half-day Tour（SWA034...
Osaka has a harbor unlike Kyoto, a city in a ...
Osaka Castle & River Cruise half day tou...
This is a walking tour from your hotel to vi...
Universal Studios Japan, the Theme Park of Ho...
Universal Studio Japan opened in March 2001, ...
Osaka whole day highlight tour with a guide ...
Sumiyoshi Grand Shrine is one of the most fam...
Osaka Shopping a half day Tour (SWA036)
Shopping and strolling tour around Dotonbori ...